Kid is heading back to college for the next two weeks

We had Squirrelette home since Friday afternoon. She’s heading back to her place in Red Deer where she’s attending college in the next hour or so. We’re sending a bunch of pre-made meals back with her:

She can go for two weeks without having to worry about cooking now and just concentrate on studies.

:blush:

21 Likes

Awwwww, how sweet!

You guys are amazing. That’s such a good idea.

U seem like a nice father :grin:

1 Like

yeah you really are wonderful parents. that’s great.

For real, you seem like a chill dad @shutterbug

Eh, thanks all? I just don’t think it’s a kind thing to be all, “you’re eighteen, get out, stand on your own two feet now!” She’s an adult now and we don’t tell her what to do, but the switch doesn’t just flip from kid to adult and suddenly she’s equipped for everything. We’re trying to be there and supportive in the background so she can concentrate on school and lean on us when she needs to. And she can also tell us to arse off when she needs to, I’m sure we’re probably still hovering and overdoing it.

There’s also the fact that we need to stay on her good side so that when she puts us in the old folks home, it’s the one that serves the good dog food!

:blush:

6 Likes

My folks lived to their very early 60s… I wish I could see them 1 more time. I never thought they would last that long. I think that’s why I’m so on top of my health.

Anyone?

Awww… thats such a sweet thing to do for squirellette.

1 Like

man i wish someone would do that for me :rofl::v:

1 Like

That is so awesome

You’re so thoughtful! That’s so great for her! I used to cook for my daughter, but she’s trying to be more independent and wants to cook for herself now. But tomorrow she’s coming home for dinner and I’m cooking. She’s vegan, so I’m making her a vegan Yakisoba dish. It’s Japanese.

1 Like

That’s really sweet of you!

I wish someone would do that for me. My diabetes 2, gastroparesis, and GERD diets are difficult to follow, as they contradict each other. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d like to try that! I bet it’s hard to cook?

I’m currently on a seafood diet.

Seafood? Just kidding. What I mean is that if I see food, I eat it.

:unamused:

2 Likes

Lol! When I’m hungry, I think of something I want. I try and remember how my body reacted before… lol

Not hard at all. Want the recipe?

1 Like

Sure… pm it to me? Thanks so much!

1 Like

You and Mrs. Squirrel sound like wonderful parents. That food looks yummalicious.

:guardsman:

2 Likes