Keeping cool by keeping the curtains closed

I have the windows open, fans on but thermal curtains closed. Is a lot cooler than yesterday.

1 Like

Another rainy cool day here!!

3 Likes

I have two layers of black curtains on my windows keep them closed all the time, my place really heats up when the sun beams down on it

2 Likes

The sun shines on my room windows, and I always keep the curtains closed so people can’t look in from opposite. And I leave my windows almost fully closed to stop sound in and out (and to limit the smell of housemates smoking weed). I don’t feel comfortable in the communal areas of the house so the result is I am being slow cooked until it gets cooler again :frowning:

1 Like

Are you from the uk too @zenmind? Cos I don’t think we are really gonna get much hotter than this this summer.

where do u stay in the world jimborino

1 Like

@jimbob is one braveheart :wink:

2 Likes

Ha chew! Yeah @anon20318121 I am from Glasgow Scotland.

1 Like

Did I ever tell you Braveheart was my very very favorite movie from when I saw it when I was 10 till I was like 18?? I used to love war movies, Gladiator was my second favorite, and another @MelGibson movie, The Patriot was my third favorite. I would watch these three movies on repeat at least 2x each each week. But Braveheart was my favorite. Loved the speech scene, and all the violence. Lol to be a kid again.

1 Like

I like braveheart too. Is really sad at the end. The patriot is a great movie too. Mel Gibson has done some good movies. You ever see conspiracy movie (I think that’s what it’s called)

1 Like

No I haven’t but I saw it mentioned in the “movies about mental illness” thread earlier today. I saw What Women Want and a couple older school mel Gibson movies too I think. Did he make “Lethal weapon”??

I don’t watch much movies/tv shows anymore. I can’t wait for Narcos season 3 to come out. I guess that goes with the violence theme that I like violent stuff. And I can’t wait to see All Eyez On Me (Biopic about Tupac Shakur) But I wish that didn’t have to end violent :astonished:

1 Like

Yeah he did lethal weapon. Haven’t watched narcos yet but hear good stuff. Am watching stranger things at the moment. Have you seen that? It is amazing.

Nope haven’t seen that one. But I’ve heard good things about it from my therapist.

1 Like

It’s great. Kinda sci-fi version of goonies.

Aye I am, down south east England though. I hope you’re right I can’t really handle heat so well. When I went to Glasgow once it was pretty cold yet all the local folk seemed to be wearing t shirts and shorts, so who knows how you’re all dealing with this weather :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

we have a cold rainy day too. I just got up from my 3 hour slumber :smile:

Yeah we get so little sun up here so any is celebrated with shorts and tshirts. :joy_cat:

1 Like

Sleeping beauty awakes!! :wink:

1 Like

Luckily, my windows face north so I don’t get the sun beating down on my windows.

the cool thing about living in a basement is that it doesn’t get too hot. only time it gets hot is when i come from a walk. but i’ve only been here for around 3 months, so i really don’t know how late Spring and summer are going to be…

1 Like