Karxt didn't improve negative symptoms

Now what? And, what about cognitives and do they even test for them?

2 Likes

This might be of interest to you:

Nuplazid is the next hope for negative symptoms.

Long-term effects of Roluperidone on negative symptoms of schizophrenia - PubMed - Medications - Schizophrenia.com

" A further competitive threat to the future of roluperidone is Acadia Pharmaceuticals’ Nuplazid (pimavanserin tartrate) , which is being developed as an adjunctive therapy to target the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and is anticipated to launch in the US in Q4 2025. Unlike roluperidone, Nuplazid can be used in conjunction with antipsychotic therapies either long-term or during relapses, when positive symptoms of schizophrenia return.

1 Like

How was it for positve symptoms though, out of interest?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve spent 30 years watching each new wonder drug promised for negs fall flat on its face. This is nothing new. I gave up on waiting for the next drug decades ago.

3 Likes

I read an 8 point more reduction than placebo in PANNS (I don’t know if I have spelled PANNS correctly but it is a measure of the positive and negative symptom scale).

It caused hypertesion in some people, but it is expected to be approved.

My issue is the cognitive symptoms. I am not sure if this scale incorporates them, or they are thought of as separate.

I really hope that something comes out for cognitive symptoms soon. I have almost no positives, and I am not sure if I have negatives or not. I don’t socialize much, but it could be because of social anxiety, too.

So you haven’t tried KarXT?

How can you know how it will affect you without trying it?

It is a bit pessimistic to think it won’t work before even trying it. We all know meds affect us each indiviidually.

It may work for you, you never know…

1 Like

No, I haven’t tried it.

I read that the in the phase 3 trial that concluded recently, the stock went down because it didn’t improve the negatives.

It could be a good drug for positives, as it doesn’t carry the risk for TD, weight gain, and sexual issues. So, I think it is a step in the correct direction, but a lot of hope for negatives was misplaced.

1 Like

Yes!! I watched a kettle never boil on Bitopertin…

I wasted time looking at it in the news and it therefore dashed my hopes when it fell flat on its face.

I think that negative and cognitive symptoms mainly are structural changes in the brain so I don’t believe that we’ll get antipsychotics that can target the specific parts of the brain. But I still believe that there’ll be advancements in the negative, cognitive domain.

How would you describe negative symptoms? How do they affect you?

I think my issue is cognitive decline.

I think they will be resolved as time progresses. But, it could be a long wait. Perhaps, SEP363856?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.