Just wondering!

have you ever thought that prophets and saints were like us, being schizophrenics, having hallucinations and delusions and indifferent to pain with an extraordinarily creative mind. do you think we could be prophets? when my illness wasn’t controlled I was sure that I am a prophet or at least a saint on a mission to save the world and to fight evil. what do you think?

1 Like

Nah, never thought i was a prophet or anything, although someone was in my head.

At one point i went to a pizza place and they said i was sitting at the table of the antichrist.

Which was strange, i thought it was just a pizza place, but no, it wasn’t just a pizza place at all.

One time i thought i was jesus, my head said by itself that “im jesus”, but they directly after said “see, thats how we do that to people.” It sounded and felt like me though, but it wasn’t.

Can anyone be a prophet of anyone? Like “vatican” means “prophet of the serpent”, so i guess anyone can be a prophet right?

1 Like

i thought I was a saint when I went through a Catholic religious phase and wanted to be a nun. My mom said some years before that that I will be a prophet of the church but I never believed that. I don’t believe that Prophets in the Holy Scriptures were schizophrenic, because they brought revelation from God in the form of Scripture. As a Muslim, I would never believe Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mad because the Qur’an he received and conveyed is miraculous and truthful, and no schizophrenic would have got that far! Nor would Jesus (peace be upon him) be mad either, because he brought a message of truth for people that was beneficial. Schizophrenia is an illness, and delusions are falsehoods. Anyone that claims to be a prophet nowadays could be schizophrenic though, because revelation from God through Holy Scripture has stopped after the Biblical prophets and Muhammad (pbuh). So there are no true prophets nowadays so to speak. But people still get inspired from God in personal ways, its hard to tell which are schizophrenic but it depends on how much their inspiration conforms to the eternal Truth.

2 Likes

You can look at Jesus, if you believe in him as having bipolar disorder. He was passionate, moody, visonary (hallucinations? and possibly delusional - healing the sick, so on so forth

1 Like

i think it is okay to think you are a prophet, but not to take it too far like trying to leap out the second floor window because you think you can fly !?! or walking on water !?!
best to leave that to the experts and the super heroes.
take care

1 Like

have ponderd it for a mere milliseccond in my delusional state
yet there are MANY OUT THERE way way better with words than me.
i think if you describe those realms you have too be at least poetic

so sorry no.

1 Like

If there ever was such a person.

1 Like

I’ve thought I was a prophet and believe people with sz could also be prophets.

1 Like

It’s a very interesting theory. I would think it’s the other way around though: People who claim to be prophets are sz. I’m not sure how much of the bible I believe…
But in theory, sz people FEEL as if the world around them is mostly evil in certain ways, or they experience a delusion of a sort. It’s in them, but they dont’ see it or they anialated it as they think it’s evil.
For example, I think all people who have gold teeth are evil. I’ve made that connection because only rich people who care far too much about themselves have gold teeth. Now, if 100% of the people around me had gold teeth, I would feel like a saint. I would be a saint, because they’re all evil. And my life IS hard, because I’m so worried about the evil people. Because I’m so alone, I must be special in some way. There has to be a reason behind me being so different. I must be a saint.

2 Likes

very clear description @bear371 , I’m agreeable with you, It’s very similar to my story.

Don’t be worry for me @darksith, If I decided to kill myself I will choose more easy and pain-free ways, any suggestions;) but if you think me as a prophet you should obey me, my first command: you should cease any known pleasure on earth and always be fearful of my god cause he will punish you for your sins, do I sound like a prophet;)

1 Like

I respect your opinion but you are talking like any regular Muslim, as a person living in a Muslim country I can see how this religion ruins humanity in people, they always fear and have OCD in many cases, in my case this religion triggered my psychosis and even regular Muslims are psychotic to some extent, they are nosy about each others and … I have many things to say but I don’t want to injure your feelings, sorry but this needs a face to face conversation, with respect

I can understand how Islam can seem to cause OCD with all its rules, but I also think Islam has been wrongly blamed instead of Muslims who are sinful. Its the Muslims who aren’t following Islam properly that are to blame, the Taliban are not proper Muslims for example because they distort Islam and present a wrong picture of it with their extremism. I don’t always like to defend Islam like this because it seems hard to me too, but there is nothing wrong with the religion, just the followers who do it wrong.

As I said I lived in a muslim country and I know all sort of this excuses and I have answers to them but here is not the place to argue about such things and also I’m afraided to be bothersome to you, I know that islam is the warmness of your heart which gives you power to live and to fight with your illness and …, so forgive me for starting this conversation. take care

i will obey oh dark lord !?!
take care

1 Like