Schizophrenia.com

Just when I think I'm doing well

Yesterday I had a major paranoia flip out. It was a small incident that my brain decided to just blow out of proportion. I became convinced that people were stalking my sis and I. Made an ass of myself at a diner. Had my sis drive around in circles trying to “lose the stalkers”. Freaked out all night and slept horribly.

I’m awake today, alive and there are no stalkers. But this blinding headache that I can even feel in my teeth is most likely the result of the panic and the exhaustion that panic causes.

I haven’t had this happen for a while. I can’t believe I’m so tired. Even my eyeballs hurt.

1 Like

Sorry you’re having a rough patch James. Hopefully you have some good headache meds and blast it away :collision:

1 Like

I think you just had a glitch, I know you use this word. Maybe something was on your mind or you felt a bit stressed. I get glitches or minor setbacks all of the time - I still am adjusting and trying to get used to my med lamictal, I am gettling lots of glitches lately. Feel better J - :sunny:

3 Likes

maybe you should tell your care team or something, maybe you need an extra dose or something,

what i do is i carry about a few extra doses in my wallet just in case i really need it and if i do i can take it.

thought it might help.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I swear a lot of us relate. I came home and my mom’s purse and credit card was sitting on th table, there was a ladder leaning up against the porch that my ex didn’t say he put there. I also noticed things. Then my mom came home and later said she saw someone walking around the yard with a flashlight. So I got up, went outside and drove around. It was a red car I think. So a lot of cars seem to be stalking me because they’ll follow me all the way home almost. I decided to pretend I left, I saw the red car enter on my way out and then I saw it in front of me on the way back. I just left and circled around and came back. There is something sketch I feel. I’m also getting random clips of information and images on my computer that are scary and intimidating. Like archives of every image of people I’ve chatted with.

I’m not sure if I was just stressed out too because of the tornado and fight with my ex and how mean his mom was. They didn’t even give me back the key to my moped so I can’t ride it yet.

Now you may just be over stressing. I ended up calling the police and they came after my mom got home. I apologized and she was actually calm toward the cops and said everything was fine, so they left but that was before mom said she saw someone. I mean for all I know it was a lighnting bug, lol.

1 Like

big hugs

That is all… :smile:

1 Like

Glad you’re feeling better today. I have glitches too once in a while. I’m going on a med increase.

1 Like

I had my Risperdal increased because the lamictal has been very activating for me lately - Risperdal also works for bipolar hypomania and agitation

A couple times I thought people were following me and I pulled a switch back and came in behind them and followed them. Not for very long. And i would only do this if I noticed someone taking every turn I took, then I would make deliberate turns to see if they would follow, then I would either get them to pass me, or do a quick U turn or in and out of a side road and fall behind them. I think sometimes I was followed too…

What does Sis think of all this? She did the driving!

1 Like

■■■■ happens, especially to schizophrenics. This too shall pass.

3 Likes

Or stuff happens that can push people over the edge into SZ too.
I’ve seen enough trauma to the point i just stand ground and face stuff. have to. And I don’t have to be slave to meds.
I’ve seen death close up. Where my wife died and I saw her, I still go down to the spot at times. it’s actually scarier thinking that spot is out there in the woods than it is to actually go there because when i go there it is really quiet and peaceful. And the image of her is etched in my mind so it isn’t going anywhere.
I had to face my uncles death when I was 7, died right in front of me. Afraid of that chair for awhile, then I just sat in it.
And lots of other things, and thoughts. I don’t let them rule, as you say, they pass…

1 Like

wave is right it is just a ’ glitch ', keep going you will be fine.
take care

1 Like

Sorry to hear that surprised. I’m going through some weird stuff too. Hope you feel better.

1 Like

Every day is a new day. Hope you are feeling better on this day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To every iceberg there is a huge proportion below the sea. Your current life is the tip but every now and again schiz (below the sea) will rear it’s head and take over. Did something in particular stress you out when this happened? Just try to focus on the fact that there are no stalkers now. Do you have a hot water bottle or lavender wheat pack? Those could help with tension, or have a nice bath/shower?

Sending thoughts, I’m rooting for you too,
Take care,
Meg.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about this :frowning:

Maybe the agitation you’ve been experiencing was a warning sign. I hope that this didn’t damage what you’ve built for yourself too badly and I hope that you feel better soon.

1 Like

Thank you this. I’m working on trying to figure what has been happening to me lately. Lots of theories from the doc, lots of ideas from the therapist… all I know is I’m not meant to get off my meds and it’s time to look at some new ideas.

2 Likes