Just Venting

I’m not having a great week. My speaking hasn’t been great. I basically had a “word salad” on a phone call yesterday. My anxiety is high. Sales are harder to make lately because of Covid-19 and people working from home.

I’m irritated and restless.

Just not feeling great this week.

3 Likes

I hear you. I’ve had the week from hell. Things are slowly turning around like they always do. I hope things turn around for you soon too.

2 Likes

I hope they do as well. We are behind other states in reopening and it’s making sales so much tougher.

2 Likes

I think we might be ahead of others reopening, but… A lot of our clients are shutting down for good anyhow. If we’re gonna lose a good chunk of our restaurant book of business, I’m sure. Luckily it makes up a small part of the overall book. Challenging times.

The only good news is that my employer is committed to retaining staff. We’re too expensive and difficult to replace with newbs who need training.

Oh I have lost so many clients!

How old are you @Alice? Because I am 76 and at this age, when I am down, I can’t necessarily say things will get better. But for the young, life is a cycle and what goes down will come back up in time. In time, I will die and the bigger cycle of life-death will play itself out. In a way, thinking of death is a bit thrilling to me. I’m not expecting you to understand that but I’d say stay close to those in your age group and you will get support.

2 Likes

Man, that’s tough. Will send you all the good vibes I can.

:heart:

1 Like

@PinCushion I’m 37 years old

You are young enough to dig your heels in the dirt and demand that life get better. It will. I’m sorry that your business is not doing well, now. Can you branch out in another field?

I’m really sorry to hear this.

A good person I’m close with (irl) told me once that when you have a bad day the next one is usually better. Take it w/ a grain of salt though bc she’s a normie. Still it has helped me.

(I am formerly Quixotic [ie CRINGEWORTHY] nuances/complexities)!

I mean you support here and am excited to live/practice consistently with my new name.

1 Like

@PinCushion I sell insurance so I am looking around into other options for now. It just seems sales are down all around because if the virus and people being scared.

1 Like

We’re having the same problem. Our Q2 was a bit disappointing, but we’re rebounding in Q3. I’m fortunate in that my employer has been supportive of staff through this and has been messaging hard that they intend to hold on to people, even if it’s at a bit of a loss right now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.