Just upped the dosage on B vitamins, Fish Oil, and Vitamin D

Have you ever felt like you had brain damage @everhopeful? I will do just about anything to get past it.

Try a different AP.

1 Like

The damage is done because I went off of them for a year and acted extremely psychotic for a year.

There are people just on the medication forum who usually chime in to my posts. Sorry for bugging you.

I respect your opinion @everhopeful. I’m estimating I will be in the supplement craze for probably another month. Maybe I will get lucky who knows? You are probably right though.

1 Like

Some of us are just looking for our miracle supplement, ha.

1 Like

Take the amount of vitamin D your doctor reccomends.

This should be based on a blood test. If your vitamin D is very low they will reccomend a higher dose.

If your vitamin D levels are low, 5,000 IU is a safe dose, but if they are midrange, you’d be better off with a more moderate dose.

What type of blood test do I ask for?

A vitamin D test.

It’s not an expensive test.

Oh ok thanks @twinklestars

1 Like

Too much Vitamin B causes kidney failures! Please search this article on google “The ABCs of vitamins for kidney patients” .

Here is some information about the side effects of overdose of B:
" Although B complex supplements are water-soluble and do not stay in the body for long, large doses of the vitamins in supplement form can cause certain side effects:

B3 (niacin): Skin flushing or pain, elevated blood sugar levels, and liver toxicity.

B6 (pyridoxine): Nerve damage, skin lesions, worsening of kidney function, and increased risk of heart attack, stroke and death in people with diabetes and advanced kidney disease.

B9 (folic acid): Kidney damage, increased insulin resistance in offspring, lower natural killer cell activity in older women, and may be associated with increased risk of some cancers.
"

2 Likes

Not sure why but I can’t seem to maintain a good level of Vitamin D, even while on supplements. Right before I took supplements for the first time it was so low the lab ran the test twice because it looked like an error. I’d been having some increased fatigue, headaches, and pain lately and my level was checked during routine labs and was barely within normal range. Asked if I could up the dose and I noticed a change.

I take a B complex vitamin that has 100% DV (max) of every component. I had some side effects on higher doses but this seems to be good. I know years of Meds can mess with stuff and can make getting a proper diet hard. I think it’s wise to know if your body isn’t getting stuff. It’s not gonna take your symptoms away but it can help them. A lot of vitamin deficiencies will give you brain fog and fatigue and those things can make your symptoms thrive.

2 Likes