Just stood up for myself to my bully landlord

My landlord is horrible. He doesn’t fix anything and he knows he intimidates me. I just sent him a text detailing exactly what needs fixing in the flat. Was a bit nervous at first but glad I did now. The ball is in his court.

9 Likes

The text would be better if it was sent by a lawyer. I was using a pre paid legal service for like 20 dollars a month, they will write a letter for you too.

1 Like

Bullies are terrified of getting put down or ‘beat’, he might kick and scream with getting challenged by you, but if you’re able to handle the emotion and maintain relative calm while telling him off, it might make him more kind towards you in the future. Bullies need to be taught that it’s not ok, so this kind of exchange will be some good learning for him…

1 Like

I used to not be able to stand up to bullies. The more you do it, the better and better your skin becomes. And then they start to back off for the most part. But even if they challenged me now I would just laugh at them for their insecurities.

2 Likes

Good on you @Jimbob this guy sounds like a royal jerk!

2 Likes

@sirBoring has dealt with bullying before, maybe he has some input.

3 Likes

my advice: run for the hills! get as far from your landlord as possible! don’t turn back or else you’ll turn to salt!

1 Like