Just Put Fresh Coffee On, Gonna Watch a Movie

The first movie for me in 6 years. It’s a movie I just bought. I read the book to it: “The Price of Salt”. The movie name is: “Carol”. It got six Academy Award nominations, including best actress and best supporting actress. The movie has a lesbian theme. It stars Cate Blanchett. I’ll let you know if I like the movie or not.

9 Likes

Sounds fun @Gina2 :+1: Let us know how your film is.

1 Like

That’s a good movie.

1 Like

Enjoy your movie @Gina2.

1 Like

It was a wonderful movie. Makes you feel good at the end. Has a happy ending. They rewrote some parts but it all makes sense. I put on the English subtitles so I could “hear” it.

4 Likes

I highly recommend this movie to everyone.

2 Likes

I saw it. I thought it was sad. I love both actresses… It’s one of those movies you can watch many times and find new things, I think.
So, you’ve broken your fast, so to speak, what movie is next for you?

Elizabeth Blue. It’s about sz. It comes out in Sept.
What was sad about “Carol”? They got back together.

I’ll have to check out Elizabeth Blue.
I didn’t understand that they got back together. Maybe I need to watch it again.
Either way, it was sad what they had to go through. That she could lose her daughter… I just remember feeling sad. :blush:

Yeah, Carol and Therese got back together. You remember at the end? Therese left that party to go searching for Carol and found her at that restaurant? Therese went to the restaurant to tell Carol she wanted to live with her. It was just understood. Although they didn’t say that. Carol chose Therese over her daughter and husband. It was a happy ending.

I’m not good with implied things :blush: I still think it’s sad. I wouldn’t have left my son for anything. It broke her heart to leave her daughter and she shouldn’t have had to make that choice, as if she’s a criminal…
But, it is a very good, very moving movie.

1 Like

No, she should not have had to make that choice as if she were a criminal. But that was the reality of the early 1950’s in America.

1 Like

Nothing like a freshly brewed cuppa coffee.

2 Likes