Just lost my job

So sorry to hear this Sasha. As others have indicated though, it is not the end of the world. And I have found that usually when these bad things happen, it’s actually a blessing in disguise. I also feel you need this time to take care of yourself.

You can apply for unemployment. Payments would come in a lot quicker than SSDI. We are in the appeals process of SSDI and have been muddling through this process for over two years now. I would also suggest getting a lawyer right off the bat when you apply for SSDI. Some lawyers won’t take the case until you’ve been denied, but some will.

Hang in there – things will work out.

((((Huge Hugs)))))

1 Like

As lovemyson posted, unemployment is probably your quickest option for financial assistance.

Also, in some states, there is a program offered by the state Health and Human Services called TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) that provides short term cash payments to no-income individuals. It’s the same program that offers food stamps. Check that out in your state.

Sending positive thoughts,

Anthony

1 Like

Hi Sasha, I am sorry to hear that you lost your job. I thought things were going so well with them being so understanding? Anyway, I don’t have any advice to give, but just want to support you and say hang in there, you will find another job as you are talented and qualified. But take care of your health first. perhaps apply for a disability grant? I have been meaning to, because I don’t work, but haven’t got that far yet.

1 Like

When I was first fired from my job at Walmart I signed up for unemployment. Then I committed myself to a inpatient hospital where they helped me sign up for medicaid. It was there that I was first declared disabled. So I signed up for ssi a few months later. I got it two months after signing the papers and I talked about hiring a lawyer.I didn’t have to luckily.

2 Likes

I am reading all of these comments today and will respond later this evening, I had a meltdown yesterday and I am recovering.

1 Like

I thought things were going well with work. I had a psychotic episode at work… the look on there faces… I am a monster.

They fired me, which I suppose was bound to happen as it has been getting harder and harder to do my job.

So Monday I have a meeting with a case worker with the place I have been getting counseling at, now that I don’t have income those services are free and so are my meds. But I need to find information on the process of getting ssdi, would I qualify? I am 26 and I have held a job before but now I am unemployed and diagnosed paranoid sz. K also depends on me. Is it even worth my time to apply? How long would I wait for a check? How will I survive until then?

I don’t have parents. It is just me and Katie.

SSI usually requires a welfare claim first. You will need a doctors note removing you from the job hunting programs.

What is welfare? And do you know where I file for unemployment? Do they contact my ex-job for that?

Can Katie support you temporarily?

She doesn’t make much, minimum wage part time.

What country/city are you in? I can find your local welfare office online.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, thank you

Go to Oklahoma Department Of Human Services

http://www.okdhs.com

You will qualify for TANF

Phone # - 1-866-411-1877

Documentation for your appointment

• Pay stubs

• Bills

• Bank statements

• social security # for yourself + your partner’s SS#

• Doctors note saying you will probably need SSI in the future. You will be removed from job hunting.

2 Likes

For paystubs do they mean previous ones? Because I won’t be getting any future ones.

Yes. They will require previous pay stubs.

• Also bring in rent receipts.

Will it matter that my previous job payed well?

And I will see what I can do about rent receipts … They don’t give me any but I have the money order copies

As long as you do not have any savings account + 401K plan you should be fine.

• If you do have savings they will make you blow the $$$ on housewares before you officially apply.

Money order copies will be acceptable.

1 Like

Are your parents deceased? Do you have aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers or sisters. Surely there is someone who will step up to the plate.

Also

http://shop.oneharvest.com

:apple: :grapes:

1 Like