Just isolated

I know this isn’t good for me and I think it effecting my memory and my ability to process information.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! You’ll feel less isolated here. We all are in this boat together!

2 Likes

Thanks, thats what I was hoping for.

2 Likes

Welcome to the party!

2 Likes

Would you like to share a bit about yourself? I’m Ninjastar. I’m a mod here, and I’ve had schizophrenia nearly 17 years. I’ve been in recovery for the past six.

1 Like

Heya @eek, welcome to the forum, I’m Ooorgle your neighborhood llama

1 Like

Since we are sharing, I’m the resident zombie writer and self appointed forum mom. Don’t forget to take your meds.

1 Like

Hi @eek! Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello this is a good place to talk with fellow schizophrenic

1 Like

Hi @eek hope you find this place makes you less isolated. It helps me somewhat being here. Take care

1 Like

Hi @eek
Welcome
Nice to have you here
:handshake:

1 Like

Hey @Ooorgle, llamas are cool.

@anon4362788, yeah being in the hospital made me take my meds.

4 Likes

Sure, I was diagnosed in 2004, been trying to become independent for a long time. I went to the hospital for a decent stint shortly after being diagnosed but havn’t been back since. Went back to work but couldn’t sustain the work after about three years. Been working on stuff since.

4 Likes

Cool. It’s very nice to meet you!

1 Like

@Schztuna Hi, Thank You.

@anon27884915, yeah I used to go to a support group but that was a bit of a distance.

4 Likes

@anon90843118, I’m hoping so.

@shellys12, Thanks.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you too. Actually, I should clarify. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2004 and then it was later modified to schizoaffective. I take abilify.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @eek! Many of us have the same issues, so Im sure youll find some solidarity among us here, I know I have and I isolate all the time

1 Like

The internet can ease that, but don’t sweat it until you feel like you can handle it in person.

1 Like

@zwolfgang, Thanks.

@Ryanana, Thats the thing, I think I could talk to people but as much as I have thought about it, it seems that people only get together to meet at bars or at church. If you just want to meet people. All and all havn’t had much luck finding places to do that.

2 Likes