Schizophrenia.com

Just heard someone in the night calling HELP ME!

Well that was sad I had my window open about to fall asleep when I hear someone outside crying “Help me! Help me! I need to call 911!”
So I jumped out of bed(it’s 1am) and put some clothes on and ran out of my apartment trying to find the person. She ended up being two buildings away on the ground floor this little woman sitting in a wheelchair wearing only a brief and a shirt no pants
She told me she lost her phone and needed to call 911 because she needed to go to the hospital. I got on the phone right away and called then the dispatcher asked her some questions. After we got off the phone I helped her get in bed to wait. My heart just broke her sheets had feces all over them and her adult brief was full of it too. Her hair was a tangled mess and matted. I can’t tell you how awful it smelled in there. She told me she lived alone she clearly needs someone to care for her like a daytime care aide or something. When the paramedics got there they just thanked me for my help and transported her to the ambulance then I was able to walk home. My heart is breaking at the state she’s living in with no one to care for her I think I’ll go back in a couple of days with a care basket and see if she would let me help her clean at all.

19 Likes

Awww that poor lady. You did good by helping her, @Hanna_Foxx .

:heart:

4 Likes

Wow, you did a good deed!
Poor woman.

2 Likes

How brave and very kind of you @Hanna_Foxx .

2 Likes

That was very brave of you! I am betting that the paramedics will be able to set her up with and aide now.

2 Likes

Your concern for other people is touching. Most people probably would have expected someone else to take care of her, with the result that no one would have helped her.

5 Likes

You did a good thing @Hanna_Foxx . Nice job!

1 Like

well done =)
she must have been happy to have your help

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping her. That poor woman.

2 Likes

Thats nice of you!

1 Like