Just had some really disappointing microwave rice

Was disgusting. Gonna have porridge instead

4 Likes

Uncle Ben’s chicken flavored rice is great out of the microwave

Don’t know if you have that brand where you are.

1 Like

Yeah Uncle Bens is good in the microwave.
I don’t think they carry it in Scotland where @anon94176359 is from.

1 Like

Scotland! I’ve never met anybody from Scotland.

1 Like

@agent101g @Wave just checked we do get uncle bens. Will try it out

1 Like

Make sure it’s the microwave ready packets.

1 Like

I had the worst microwave meal for dinner. It sounded good (beef, rice, veggies wrapped in cabbage). But it tasted horrible. Plus it stunk up the house. Blech! :confounded:

3 Likes

This was a cheap, supermarket own brand packet. Is a false economy though because it tasted awful

1 Like

You can buy a rice cooker and white rice. Just rinse rice and add water. It is pretty easy to make.

1 Like

I use pasta in sauce and occasionally microwave rice instead of potatoes because of the struggle I have to peel and cut potatoes . I normally buy the store’s own brand microwaveable rice. They all have a slightly funny taste though even if you buy Tilda or Uncle Ben’s.

2 Likes

i like uncle bens, they have different flavours too, i normally just get the egg fried rice lol, chicken is nice though.

1 Like

I love porridge, but i have to ask - how do you enjoy yours. Do you make a bowl and use salt? I personally like chopped banana and honey in mine.

1 Like
1 Like

If you make rice a lot try investing in a rice maker. I have one and my rice is always perfect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just bought a cute little one person rice cooker

1 Like

Perfect! I love my rice maker. You can even steam vegetables in mine while cooking the rice

2 Likes

I just had microwave rice that was pretty good. Sorry yours was bad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.