Just got out of jail and am homeless

That’s the only positive about mh over jail you get plenty of food.

The hard boiled eggs were bomb. Most of the other food was good too.

I read and paced pretty much. It seems everytime I got into a show they changed the channel.

Jail actually confirmed my theory that people are naturally good. They were all really nice guys. I was surprised it wasn’t as segregated as I thought. The only time races separated was during chow.

1 Like

I almost got tasered in jail too. They put me in a holding cell for Covid then covered the door window to look out. I was trying to get the time so I kicked the door three times. This guard comes why are you kicking the door. He asked “are you crazy or what”. I said technically yes I am. He says I’ll show you crazy. He pulls out his taser and backs me into a corner. Then he says say sorry sir and lay on the ground. I said sorry because I didn’t want to get tased.

He also abused some small black mentally ill kid. He looked in the pod. Then the guard says quiet down. I didn’t catch what the kid reaponded with. The next thing I know is that the guard is in the pod. he ripped the kid off the bench and put him on the ground. The kid resisted a little bit. Then the guard bends his arm or something. The guard goes say yes daddy. The kid offcourse responds yes daddy because he was in pain.

The point is the guard is abusive pos. There is no telling how many people this guard has abused. All the other guards were chill.

If you need help finding housing resources, I can PM you some stuff if you PM me the city where you are going to be.

If you choose to live in your car, I recommend finding out which 24 hour stores exist that don’t mind parking in their lot overnight. Back in 2012 when I was homeless, Wal Mart allowed homeless people to park there overnight and use their bathrooms and buy their food. Now though, they kick people out if they park longer than an hour without going in. Some 24 hour grocery stores are fine with it. Wegmans on the east coast allow homeless in the parking lot.

In some places, being caught homeless will put you right back in jail, so you need to check the laws for where you are staying.

If you are trying to find a free place to stay, there is an app called Trustroots which is like Airbnb but using the barter system instead. My sibling is homeless and uses it to find people to stay with short term.

3 Likes

Thanks @Ninjastar ! Right now I have two options.

Tonight will be my first night in the car. :snowman_with_snow::scream_cat::smile_cat::love_you_gesture::point_right::point_up:

It’s sure not a great way to live. Hope you find a new place soon d00d.

Who says it’s not a good situation? It’s programming to think anything else. The best way to live is living in the present. It’s hard to stop programing. Is it really hard to believe I’m happy. You gotta focus on the spiritual and live in the present.

You should be proud you work 40+ hours. Talk about being programmed to equate business to being happy.:joy:

Some people don’t have such an aversion to hard work.

My husband works 12 hour days 5 days a week.

He loves his job and makes good money.

Don’t be an idiot.

Most people are proud to be supporting themselves and their families.

I see you’ve changed your post now while I was writing this.

Whatever.

Me. I was homeless in the past. The joy becomes more fleeting when you’re trying to sneak that half eaten sandwich out of the trash before mall security can catch you and give you another beatdown. (They think homeless = pinata for some reason.)

Accomplishment makes me happy. The fact that I’m able to contribute a portion of what I earn to help others is satisfying. I am responsible for helping lift others up, not just myself.

1 Like

If you’re homeless, how are you charging your phone?