Just got a bite from Thors lightning

Lightning hit the house and I was sitting on the back doors metal strip it hit my right thigh…my toes feel tingly…Thors lightning has never touched me before…killed my router and internet cable…

1 Like

Glad you’re okay. It literally killed your router and internet cable??? Or just knocked it out temporarily. I remember like ten years ago people losing everything technology related, all their files on their computer (if I’m remembering correctly) because they got a lightning strike. Wish you the best.

I hope you’re okay! did it leave any mark? or just give you a shock?

I’m fine it wasn’t a full dose just a taste…but yea my router and the internet cable are fried…

wow, never heard that before

Wtf, that lightning belongs to Thor. His dad gets credit for everything.

1 Like

Sorry got my gods mixed up a little shaken from the lightning…

3 Likes

time to get hammered lol

1 Like

Fixed…lol …

1 Like

Good, it would be awful if he had to smite you again out of spite!

2 Likes

i thought odin was in charge of things lol

could’ve been zeus :slight_smile:

He is, but he delegates. Thor is the chief undersecretary in charge of thunder, lightning, bar fights, a few trees, and whatnot.

2 Likes

@rhubot is more versed than the average good job knowing about stuff…the internet provider gets props they have been here trying to fix about 10 mins after I called…I’m kinda disappointed …I wanted the lightning scars…but ■■■■ that hurt…

1 Like

It’s an area of interest :joy_cat: I suspect anyone who had any knowledge of these things would take one look at my bookshelves and ask, “Were you ever, by any chance, psychotic?” It’s all religion, mythology, theoretical physics.

2 Likes

my first book was ‘the saga of eric the viking’ it was a great read but i got barred from the library bc i didnt hand the book back lol

When we were living in the sober home my housemate built $150 in late fees on books…the late fees at this library was ridiculous :scream: so he just never returned lol…they were dumb for making the late fees so much…when a lot of people would probably just never give the books back.

3 Likes

Wow… Kinda neat! Glad you’re ok

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ My gift to you…its an amazing site that covers all the subjects you just said and more… @Rhubot…I’m reading a couple books on there now all free…

1 Like

And there was this one lady who was a real (word i can’t say) who every time I went to the desk to take a book out she would say “You owe $1”…even if I hadn’t checked a book out in a year and had paid late fees the last time I checked a book out. It was ridiculous, no matter what I did, she would always yell at me and say “You owe $1”. I had my friend pay for me and she got pissed because she didn’t have it out for my friend like she did for me.

I told her “My name’s Jon, J-O-N” and she was like “YOU MEAN JONATHAN” I’m like “no” and she’s like “WHAT DOES IT SAY ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE” I’m like “Jon…J-O-N…JON!” and she got all pissed. I was so polite to her too.

2 Likes

oh yeah i was asked to pay for the book in order to use the library again lol wasnt much but i wasnt big on reading anyway

1 Like