Just diagnosed with TD

@SkinnyMe Here are two videos showing people with TD. In the first one, it is a woman with movements throughout her body. In the second, it is a series of people taking the AIMS test, and it really focuses on their facial movements.

My neck tremors occur when I am standing, sitting, or reclining. If I turn my head as far as I can to the side, they generally go away. If I am holding something (the steering wheel seems to be a big one for me), I often start a weird squeezing kind of thing with my hands. I used to attribute that to essential tremors, but my pdoc told me that it is from TD. I still have essential tremors, and they suck too, but the TD is more noticeable because of my head.

If I knew how to stick a video up from my phone, I would post a video that I made to show my pdoc my mouth moving one night. It is worse in the evening/ at night. Also, for some reason, my mouth movements are worse when I am putting on makeup or face lotion. All of this makes my neck hurt and my jaw sore. At least I know I’m not crazy. It actually is something and not in my head. Knowing what it is means there is a chance we can treat it and get rid of the symptoms. So there is that.

1 Like

I hope your TD gets fixed soon…scary stuff…I will pray for you.

1 Like

This is freaking me the ■■■■ out.

1 Like

I don’t have TD but I have tremors in my hands from the Geodon. It was so bad my boss noticed it at work one day when she met with me.

A nurse practitioner at the VA prescribed me 50 mg of Benedryl for it as somebody suggested earlier and they went away. I take it every night before bed.

I tried taking one of the supplements recommended on this site though and they came back even with the Benedryl. I think it was Pregnenelone or something like that. I can’t really remember. I quit taking it.

My wife has tremors too and she takes Propanalol for it. So there are options out there.

I hope you find something that works for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.