Just blew 50 bucks on second hand cds!

But for me I treat cds like books. Never feel money spent on good music is money wasted!

8 Likes

Everyone needs a treat! Nothing like some banging tunes to liven the mood!

1 Like

For me the sound quality on Spotify doesn’t cut it. Has to be cds. Vinyl would be even better I expect

1 Like

Yeah vinyl is the new thing again! I remember switching out all my vinyl and tapes for cds. It was stupid but everyone did it. I just have itunes now. My little brother grabbed all of my cd’s when I went overseas…just wasn’t any point getting them back so everything is back in digital for me.

1 Like

Haha! I’ve spent about that much before on music too.

I hope you enjoy them my friend. :v:

1 Like

I’m listening to Robert Johnson atm.

Very old school blues.

1 Like

Oh I have his recordings! He is great!

Did you know when he first started playing he sucked. Really bad. Everyone thought he had no talent.

Then he disappeared for about six months and when he came back he could PLAY. Folk thought he had sold his soul to the devil for the ability to play the blues.

The myth is you go to a crossroads at midnight. The a guy will appear. You hand him your guitar and he tunes it. Then he returns it and you can play.

6 Likes

That’s awesome you own some of his music!

We hear a lot here in the U.S. about how the U.K. generally has pretty big respect and appreciation for the blues.

And yes, I’ve heard about that legend. I think that’s what his song the Crossroads alludes to in the lyrics.

The filmmaker Martin Scorsese made a great documentary on the blues. If I recall correctly one film in the series talked quite a bit about Johnson.

1 Like

When CD’s first started getting popular in the U.S. in the mid-to-late 80’s they were marketed as being superior to vinyl in sound quality by having a clearer, “cleaner” sound. I don’t know if that’s changed but I doubt it. Incidentally, the first CD of a big music artist released in the U.S. I believe was “Born in the U.S.A” by Bruce Springsteen. I believe some of the first CD’s were released in Japan, a few years before being gaining popularity in the United States. I don’t know how the U.K. fits in to all this.

2 Likes

Oh yeah the blues is big over here. Hell the Beatles and Rolling Stones were both scholars of the blues. Clapton did a great cover of crossroads. Clapton was a huge muddy waters fan too.

1 Like

How many did you get for $50?

1 Like

Got 7 cds. Some rare ones as well. About 9 bucks went on postage.

2 Likes

Very cool!

Thank you for the info on that Clapton cover. I need to look that up sometime on Youtube!

1 Like

Tidal offers CD quality streaming for 19.99/month

1 Like

I was signed up to tidal but they didn’t have a tablet remote control of the desktop app like Spotify does. This was a dealbreaker for me.

2 Likes

It was totally an investment!

1 Like

Totes bff! 151515

1 Like

I used to buy CD’s and LP every chance I got. $50 is not bad at all, especially if you got some rare stuff, @anon20613941

2 Likes

i like your philosophy :slight_smile:

1 Like

my ex spent ÂŁ80 on one cd once :confused: i was like say whaatttt???

1 Like