Just because I wanted to doesn't mean I could

I’m sick and tired of people who say you can do anything you want to do, be anyone you want to be. We all have limitations and especially the mentally ill. Also the mentally ill might be fooled by those who would take advantage of us, as I have been.

4 Likes

Uhhh, me obsessing about losing my virginity in my teens.

That’s true. I feel most of us can be successful in some fashion, but we don’t usually get there on the path we wanted to or planned to take.

I’ve found that to be very true.

Joke 'em if they can’t take a f*ck.

1 Like

When I was in my 20’s, even my 30’s, I had aspirations. I ended up feeling crushed. Oh, I had the intelligence, even the ambition, but then I’d have a psychotic break and be back to less than nothing. So…I spent 20 + years depressed and discouraged doing janitorial work(i.e. cleaning toilets)and watching my dreams disappear.

Then I realized, someone has to clean the toilets, so why not me? And many mentally ill people are unable to work a job, so I had to get off the pity pot and just do the best I could.

And that’s the real bottom line: We just do the best we can. Some days are better than others. Some days I utterly “fail” but in the midst of that, I still did the best I could.

And I’m not depressed anymore.

Nutcase

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.