Just a thanks

I used to post here a lot, some years ago I think, when my diagnosis was up in the air still. Eventually it turned out that my symptoms were trauma-related, lots of panic attacks, some flashback stuff, lots of dissociative issues, possible DID “fragments” and such, etc. So I ultimately decided to move on from these forums, since this is supposed to be a safe haven for people with schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis related challenges.

But, I just wanted to pop in for a moment, because I was going through image files on my computer, and I found this one. Honestly I can hardly remember any of the conversations I had here, though I can vaguely remember that I was very fond of the people here and really enjoyed talking with them, and how I looked forward to it very often. My memory is just sometimes a very tricky thing in general. But when I came across this image in my files, I remembered that someone here had made this for me, it is of them and then I am the turnip in the drawing from my username.

And I can remember that it really meant something to me, though I can’t really remember exactly why, but just that it really meant something to me, enough so that I saved it and have kept it all this time. Finding it in my image files and remembering some of those moments really made me smile and made my night. I scrolled through my history to see if I could find the person who made it, and it appears that their username was Sharp.

So I just wanted to say thank you to the soul who made this for me back then and others who were here. I can’t remember much of the details, but I can remember from the way I feel seeing the image that the drawing and the overall interactions I had with people here really meant something to me at a time in my life when it was important.

e4dcd926db4bb1c4291b6c8bf9ea5c6a2aa9d58f_1_300x500

7 Likes

You wrote a lot of stuff which I found motivating and were one of the factors which helped me a lot, so thank you, I remember you and I feel that we are now alike. Like you my memory is poor in many areas of life…but I’m happy and that’s all that matters.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.