Judgemental woman

So I was out yesterday getting groceries, at an appt. With my husband and went to inquire about a credit card at Lowe’s. So when I got to customer service, I’m greeted with this lady giving me evil looks, like I ruined her day or something. I told why I was there and she gave me a puzzled look. Note, this is her job to help with things like this. So she asks for ID and I hand her my military ID, I always use this ID for everything. Well, she didn’t accept it. So I gave her my state issued ID, that’s an equivalent of a license. She then proceeds to make me feel bad by asking why I don’t have a license. Everyone I’ve ever met around here makes you feel like an idiot for not driving. For all she knows I have seizures and can’t drive. I don’t drive because of my schizophrenia and didn’t feel like telling her. Ugh! Why does everyone condemn me for not driving! I hate it.

4 Likes

I also don’t have a driving licence and it’s not anyone’s business to tell me why I don’t have one
I enjoy walking a lot

2 Likes

That’s what I do. I moved in city limits so I could have easy access to the hospital, schools for my kids, stores. It’s all within walking distance. I live in a small town in the south so when you don’t drive it’s seen as taboo not to drive. That’s why I don’t go out of my way to make friends. They like telling me how I should be living my life.

1 Like

I feel like those around me judge me for not having a license, and lots of people keep telling me that it’s just a matter of getting used to driving.

It’s not that I don’t have a license because I don’t want to drive, I don’t have a license because I can barely stand being a passenger in a car, and because I KNOW I will cause traffic accidents if I drive.

2 Likes

Yea, I have trouble with my hallucinations and impulses, and I know for sure I’ll cause an accident. When I’m a passanger I get paranoid as it is, because I see things and my husband is like relax there was nothing there. I’m just too Ill to be driving. I don’t want to end up in a crash with my children and end up hurting them or others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.