Jordan Peterson on schizophrenia

What are delusions of insight? Is it like when you think you have all the answers?

1 Like

Lol if so, I know many people who live delluded and donā€™t take medicines.

1 Like

he sounds like a real douche.

whatever.

4 Likes

The world is delusional.

Yes. A know-it-all when it comes to how the world works.

What alerted me to JP being a scam artist is when he started giving advice about how to attract women. As if a stuffy university prof would know anything about thatā€¦

1 Like

I just think people should be more interested in taking their kids to school and going to the pub for a meal than doing things like developing their inner psychopath.

1 Like

Itā€™s not everyone who are just into rational and scientific paradigms of life. Iā€™m not in favor of Peterson, but this video is manipulative.

The most common way of manipulating people is speaking to the publicā€™s values (like many politicians do). This guy is doing the exact same thing.

Uh, have you SEEN the size of his female fanbase?!?

Dude could lay pipe from here to Wabasha if he were so inclined.

I remain a dedicated fan, love his common sense approach to many issues, reminds me of my long-passed grandfather (WWII vet).

:blush:

1 Like

Some people are deluded enough to think Peterson is an intellectual.

1 Like

At least he has books writtenā€¦

There are also a large number of women who are not fans because of his opinions on feminism and women, among other things. For the record, Iā€™m one of them.

With that said, letā€™s try to keep this thread focused on the discussion of Jordan Petersonā€™s views on schizophrenia since that was the OPs original topic.

3 Likes

Maybe medication causes the eye movements? We donā€™t know.

I believe schizophrenia is a very complicated disorder: I donā€™t think any one thing can predict or cause schizophrenia.

1 Like

I thought it could have some relationship with the dreamy state we get when weā€™re deluded. I have to study more about uncommon states of consciousness (like when weā€™re in psychosis) and its relationships to eyes movement. I wonder if people who take psychedelics have the same eyes movements as people with schizophrenia.

Yeah I have recently heard of JP from a guy who worships him. I may watch some youtube videos of his soon, just to get it out of my system, just as I did with Alan Watts a while ago.

1 Like

Were you a fan of Alan Watts?

1 Like

He sounds like another sociopathic snake oil salesman out to make a buck.
Thanks but no thanks.

Too smart to step on the bull ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Not necessarily a fan of AW, but the guy knows how to charm the audience.

1 Like

I donā€™t know exactly what you mean with it, but if youā€™re trying to master your own mind, you shouldnā€™t be worried with persuasion or tricky stuff (as long as you have a strong sense of reality and itā€™s practically impossible to brainwash you).

1 Like

Thanks. Yes I am learning to master my thought processes. It may come in handy if I am ever on the brink of a relapse (so hopefully neveršŸ˜“)

Psychology, philosophy - these are tricky even if one tries to understand them by applying a mathematical framework. Because they operate with fuzzy concepts and dodgy axioms.

1 Like