Jon, Cubs Win, 9-zip

everything happened in the first couple of innings.
even a grand slam. wow.
it was so exciting.
I think we’ve won 3 in a row now.
Go Cubbies!

1 Like

Nice we won yesterday 6-3 which isn’t a great win for us because usually we beat the orioles 13-1 or something. But last night was kinda close but hey I’ll take it. Haha

1 Like

you just never know.
it’s nice when Everybody does good hitting,
and not just a couple.

1 Like

My mom saw the general manager of the Yankees at a store the other day. He lives in the area because once I catered a party he was at. He’s been employed in the same job since the early 90s and he’s still pretty young for a baseball manager guy.

1 Like

that’s awesome.
I can’t even remember how many the Cubbies have gone thru, with managers.

1 Like

This is general manager. The guy who makes the trades and signs the players :wink: not the one in the dugout.

I know Theo Epstein used to be general manager of the cubs. He’s famous for helping ending both the cubs and Red Sox World Series curses.

1 Like

ohh okay, yeah.
when we did win it all in 2016,
which came right down to the wire, if you recall,
I knew there was a God in heaven. ha.
but so many didn’t live to see it.

1 Like

I was in Olympia Washington at the time but I do remember some miracles. For both teams. Think it was the Indians you played??

you could be right, can’t really remember.
is that when you went to school, up in that area?

1 Like

Are the Pittsburgh Pirates still around?

2 Likes

Yeah they’re not too great lol

They’re who the cubs beat yesterday

1 Like

No really? I did not know that. (No sarcasm. Really I was unaware.)

1 Like

My brother in law is from Pittsburgh. He’s not a big baseball fan but I guess he likes the pirates

1 Like

Well, I mean, I have been a Golden State Warriors fan for like… over 20 years so… good for your bro. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the mavs are gonna be tough. But the warriors have a shot still definitely

1 Like

Oh, uh… about basketball Luka Doncic’s team was almost 100 - 50 at one point, that is impressive.

1 Like

we might sweep the series with the Pirates.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.