Job Stress

Past couple years my job I go through periods where its so busy and hectic i get totally overwelmed and feel like quitting my business and curling up in a ball and sleeping forever.
I think after next year I am going to shut down my business and go back to school for an Electrical Apprentice program. I like electronics and stuff so I think it would be an interesting avenue.

Is your job stressing you too much or are you happy to be there?

3 Likes

I worked in a very high-stress job where I would wear an automated headset and fill orders. This job happened to be highly stressful as we had quotas to meet and such. Eventually I started hearing the voice in my headset talk about me, and to me. My doc told me stress can be bad for any illness, and in this case it caused me to break down. Like all dogs bark, the balance of life is in ripe and ruin.

1 Like

yes i want to find a lower stress job

This is why I at university studying as it is only 2 days a week. I could not face paid work at the moment but to be able to work is a goal but would do part time work first

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yep; a few years ago I was working 10 hour days (often more and unpaid) to the point of exhaustion. They’d give us time in leu but we could never actually use it. After a year, my ADD symptoms, which are usually mild and in check, started playing up so I thought ‘Oh, it’s just that’. Then I thought…actually, it’s not the ADD, it’s the fact that I’m a human being with only so much energy and I haven’t been able to enjoy my life for 2 years. I’d be a zombie come Saturday. Luckily I was in a position to quit so I did just that and never looked back.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

For me it depends on the day… the days I’m supposed to be in the meetings and indoors… stress me out a lot. Our “command central” is a cold drafty, echoey old building that creeps me out. I hate some of the “progress check” meetings. I always feel behind and not good at my job on those days.

The days I get to be out in the parks and the green houses and doing the physical part of the job, I’m really happy to be there. I still hustle a bit, but I’m out in the parks…

the green house work is my favorite. Those are the longest days, but I really enjoy the relaxed pace of the green houses that it’s nice to be in there.

1 Like