Job search

I haven’t gotten any calls on my applications. I think it’s a really bad time to apply for a job. Plus I’ve been out of work for 6 years and that’s not helping. I’m still being followed and recorded so maybe it’s not a good time anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah. I would take care of you first. :poodle::poodle::poodle:

4 Likes

I’ve a few friends who are out of work and it’s a really hard time at least out here for looking. Just not much available whilst there’s still a lockdown etc. Hang in there and keep applying.

2 Likes

Can you go to school or do you have the credentials already? The good thing about all this is they have most if not all of their classes online. No need to leave the room. Could help boost your resume. I find this in opportune time, despite the tragedy of the situation.

That way when the economy recovers and the lockdown ends there might be a hiring surge and you would have an easier chance of getting a higher paying job.

I want to go back to school, but the schizophrenia is really messing me up. Perhaps, next year. I keep saying “Next Year” and putting it off. I’m 30 years old and I am trying my best. Not everyone is the same. I don’t like being compared to high functioning schizophrenics or the homeless, non-medicated ones. I’m my own, unique individual.

2 Likes

I have a bachelors degree but I’ve never made more than $12/ hr with it so it’s pretty useless. I can’t afford any more school

1 Like

The national unemployment rate is 13.3 percent. That is sky-high. I would expect it to be a joke looking for a job right now. Before I got disabled I was looking for work during bad times. It was too frustrating and not good on my mental well being to be looking in those conditions. I personally believe that during bad times people are better off not looking during that time and just waiting. That is if you are somebody that can afford to do something like that.

1 Like

We’re having trouble affording food because our taxes On our house just increased so much. But if need be I’ll go to a food bank.

2 Likes

I recently got a part-time job on a cricket farm, despite the pandemic. I just decided to be willing to try anything and looked for jobs that did not require any experience. Maybe that would help you.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m looking for different things.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.