Job interview next week

I promised my wife I wouldn’t try to work anymore but I have an interview in New Orleans next Monday for a job that pays pretty well. A military/veterans headhunter firm got me the interview. It’s in the HVAC industry.

I am going to try to nail the interview and get an offer but I will really have to think about it before accepting. The commute would probably kill me. I just bought a house so I will not relocate. They are having a webinar for interview prep on Wednesday I am going to tune into.

I have another interview on Thursday but I am just going to that to kill time and get interview practice. I wouldn’t take that job. It’s in the benefits industry.

I see my therapist on Thursday too so I will talk this over with her.

5 Likes

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

1 Like

Yeah good luck with everything @TomCat.

1 Like

I wish you the best with whatever you decide. It sounds like you are going about it the right way by taking your time and discussing it with your therapist too.

1 Like

Well my SSDI work review came back from Social Security today. They said I used up all my trial work months but it was really only 8. But they say my disability continues.

Going to really have to think hard about this. If I go back to work I will lose my SSDI immediately. Will have to keep working to pay all the bills.

What ever you decide to do I wish you all the best. Good luck.

Well the recruiter called me back today and the training for this job is about an hour commute for me but after the training I would have to relocate to the northern part of the state or hotel it during the week and just come home on weekends.

They say the training is 18 to 24 months. I just bought a house so this job is less attractive to me but I am still going to go to the interview and try to get an offer. The other guy told me some guys finished training in 7 months so it varies.

The interview I went to today was selling life insurance and that’s not income you can bank on so I declined an offer after the first interview but they seemed eager to hire people. It was for American Life. If I wasn’t already on disability I would have taken the job though so I will keep them in mind.

The therapist thinks I will make the right decision. I told her my backup plan is applying to law school and the VA is having a job fair for people with disabilities on the 24th at the VA hospital. I got an invite yesterday. So maybe I will go to that.

1 Like

I didn’t get offered the job. The guy said if it were a flying job I would be perfect for it but didn’t see how my experience would benefit them.

Go figure. I even wore my new suit. I would have probably taken that job. My interview skills must really suck. This is about the 8th really good interview I have blown.

I hate it when they suggest I should go back to flying. If I could do that I would never have stopped.

I wouldn’t be able to have a successful job interview. I am too weird for that. And even for work. It seems so difficult for me right now

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.