January book Club!

So peeps. A little late as we are just about through January already but what have you been reading this new year?

I’m onto the 5th Dune book written by Herbert. It’s kinda got seriously weird as it went along but I am determined to get to the end. I think this will be my last foray into this universe as other books were ghost written with the son.

As for non- fiction I’m reading an actual book for a change. My friend lent me a copy of Nick Cave’s biography “Boy On Fire”. It’s been well over a year since I’ve read anything that wasn’t on my kindle so back to reading the archaic form again! :slight_smile: . Early days yet but an amazing artist/songwriter.

So for those who are able…what are you reading?

5 Likes

I’m probably going to reread “When Einstein Walked With Godel - Excursions to the Edge of Thought.”

3 Likes

I’m reading “Beyond Biocentrisim” by Robert Lanza.

3 Likes

Hello mate!

I currently have a hold at the library on How To Sale a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix.

I think I’m number 60 in line though so it might be a while before I get a copy.

2 Likes

Books on meditation, including three books by Eckhart Tolle.

2 Likes

I’m reading The Dead Sea Scrolls. I’m on chapter three; it’s starting to get good, the limo driver just dropped off the mysterious asian spy.

3 Likes

I just got 1984 by George Orwell so will try to start it.

Been a few years since I’ve read a book— the last one was actually Animal Farm :sweat_smile:.

Sometime in the near future I’m gonna try A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley again. Got a ways into it and then got triggered, lol, so I had to put it down. What I did get through was very impactful though :+1:

4 Likes

When there was a pharmacy close by there was a free used book shelf. I miss that.

3 Likes

I’ve just started reading the Crossing by Cormac McCarthy

4 Likes

I went ahead and just bought a copy of How to Sell a Haunted House.

It’s been getting a lot of positive praise over here.

I’m on chapter 4. I’m reading it slowly and at little chunks at a time to savor it. :wink:

2 Likes

Zombs got me hooked on Ray Garton novels. He’s pretty good, but not as good as she is. At least not as good as her first book. Get the lead out on that second book, woman.

3 Likes

I read Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult. It’s for a book club I’m in.

3 Likes

“Climb That Mountain” the inspiring autobiography of PeeWee Herman on how to succeed in business, love and life.

2 Likes

I’m reading conversations with god book 3 by Neale Donald walsch and I’m also reading törnrosens triumf by Anna laestadius Larsson.

I’m not that into these books unfortunately.

I agree with Neale about god mostly I think.

I loved Anna’s previous books but this one just wasn’t as good.
Disappointing as I asked for it as my Christmas present.

I’ll just remember her for her books that I did enjoy and binge read.
Just can’t enjoy this one much.

I’m pretty picky with books.

I loved Stephen king who I read three times but too scary for me now.
I was too afraid to wee at night and i don’t want to be that way even though I binge read the books as they are good n exciting.

I stick to romance no ya d spiritual books like teaching of Abraham , Louise hay, Deepak Chopra n stuff.

2 Likes

I finished another Dune novel. This was number 5 and I think there’s one more by the original author to go! I did think I’d reached the end but the 5th pettered out a little softly so must have been another book…which I checked there is. Doh. Will pick it up next payday as I’ve got to finish the series.

1 Like

Currently reading Ordinary Monsters by J M Miro. About 200 pages in. It’s really good. About orphan kids with special powers being saved by detectives with a smoke monster guy chasing after them.

3 Likes

Im reading Kastanjemanden by Soren Sveistrup.
Its good book.
When i was in book shoop i even dont see the short story of this book. But im glad i took it.

Yoh all read very interesting books, for me very hard to read. How you manage to have such a concentration.

1 Like

I just picked up and started reading salems lot by stephen King today, actually. Enjoying it so far. Ive also been reading the authoritarian moment by Ben shapiro. Which is a non fiction political book. I am also looking forward to the release of a book called while time remains by Yeonmi park. She escaped north korea when she was a teen and is an activist living in america these days. Comes out on the 14th feb im pretty sure.
I couldnt really get into Dune. I like the recent movie though.

2 Likes

Im reading ”Ps jag älskar dig”
If you seen the movie ps i love you.
Im reading the book.

2 Likes

I’m reading ‘Well-being writ large’ and some books on the psychology of money and finance books.

1 Like