Janssen Receives CHMP Positive Opinion for TREVICTA® (paliperidone palmitate a 3-monthly injection) Recommending Approval in the European Union for the Maintenance Treatment of Schizophrenia

BEERSE, Belgium–(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Janssen-Cilag International NV announced today that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a Positive Opinion recommending marketing authorisation in the European Union for the medicinal product TREVICTA® (paliperidone palmitate a 3-monthly injection) for the maintenance treatment of schizophrenia. If approved, this 3-monthly injection will allow patients to maintain an optimal level of treatment in their blood with fewer administrations, compared to currently available antipsychotic treatments, and therefore may improve outcomes for patients, carers and HCPs.1 A 1-monthly formulation of paliperidone palmitate (XEPLION®) is approved for the maintenance treatment of schizophrenia in Europe.

http://www.investor.jnj.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=963158

2 Likes

Good news for me.

Why mess with success? You said you’re not having any side effects on your current regime.

You’re right… It would be better to get it every three months though.

I’ve heard people on here say that they feel their injection wearing off a week or so before they’re due to get their next one, that could be a few weeks if it was every 3 months.

I feel it too, I’m on every five weeks now, but the stuff only leaves the system after six months, so I think we just have a psychological effect really.

Why do you get it via injection? Are you afraid you won’t be compliant or is it a smoother effect?

It started as court ordered, I got so well on it I stayed.

1 Like