I've ran out of seroquel

And I have no way of getting more for at least another month.
Luckily I anticipated this, and cut the dose a few wees ago to make the remaining pills last longer.
I only use it for prn and sleep.
I notice I sleep less now and wake up a few times a night, but I guess that’s to be expected when coming off a sleep aid.

I suppose sleeping for 9-12 hours a night isn’t that healthy anyways. I read somewhere and average person needs 6-8.5 hours of sleep a night to function optimally. I find I function the best when I have 9.

I must admit I’m liking not being so darn sluggish in the mornings. I’m actually able to get up before my alarm rings, and function normally even before my morning routines are done (cig, shower, brush teeth, coffee, cig) Maybe I’ll only use seroquel as prn from now on if my sleep quality doesn’t further deteriorate?

It’s gonna be hard going a month without using it as a prn, though. I guess I’ll just have to pay extra attention to how I’m doing and manage my stress levels, taking naps whenever I feel symptoms coming up.

I’ve had far less symptoms than usual since I started this job. I think it’s because when I’m at work, I’m “Work-Miika” and my brain is not gonna get in the way of me doing my damn job. When I do have symptoms, they start on my way home from work when I’m no longer “work-Miika” and my brain can relax.
I think the routines of it all is really helping me. I feel more normal than I have in years, and it gives me hope for the future.

3 Likes

I am the same way with work, when I have something to focus on my symptoms don’t really appear it is when the work is done that they come out. Coming off seroquel cold turkey was awful I had severe insomnia like could not sleep at all for 2 weeks. I learned my lesson after that and tapered the next time I came off.

I actually wanted to start up seroquel again lately bc my sleep has been so messed up from fasting…but it is actually somewhat normalizing now. So I ended up not needing it.

I hope coming off it isn’t so bad for you.

Since you’re more able to function when you don’t take it, I think your idea of using it as prn is a good idea.