Schizophrenia.com

I've moved to Latvia

I finally finished the move yesterday. Now I’m in a mandatory 10-day quarantine at the hotel, then I’ll have 9 days to wander about before starting my new job on the 1st of March.

I’m so excited!

22 Likes

Sounds great. I’m happy your excited and hope this move is really good for you. Much peace.

5 Likes

Do you speak Latvian? Or do you share a language? What is your job?

2 Likes

That’s cool that you’ve made a move! But the quarantine stinks… good luck on the new job!

2 Likes

Wait what I thought you were in Greece, cool well best of luck!

3 Likes

I don’t speak Latvian nor Russian, but I’m sure I can learn it if I put my mind to it.

My job will be customer service for a payment service I’m not allowed to name.
I’ll be working on the Norwegian line, and if I do well they’ll pay me 50% extra to take Danish calls as well.

8 Likes

That’s pretty cool to me. My ancestral line on my mums side came from Riga, Latvia a long time ago and settled here in Australia. I’ve wondered what its like over there.

2 Likes

Nice! I really enjoyed staying in Riga :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When we landed there was -15C and snow everywhere, so right now it’s pretty cold over here :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Miika i wish that were the case here in Australia! Haha. Its a blistering hot summer this time of year here.

1 Like

Good for you @Miika! I wish you all the best in your new job.

2 Likes

Is it a dry or humid heat?
I can tolerate high temperatures if the air is dry, but if it’s humid like in France or Denmark I get dizzy spells and nosebleeds once the temp hits 27

1 Like

@Miika its usually really humid on the coast where I live. Its mostly a dry heat inland though. Australia is such a massive country/continent that it has almost every kind of climate of other countries within it across different areas. If that makes sense.

3 Likes

I’m basically constantly sweating all day haha

1 Like

Miika wish u the best we didnt make it to see eachother in Greece.

3 Likes

You moved to Latvia?!?!
Do you have relatives there?
Do you speak the language?
Do you have a support system set up there?

So much to consider before making such a grand move!

I know I could never do this.

More power to you @Miika

4 Likes

I wish you all the best with this!

:heart:

3 Likes

Sounds great. You are gaining quite an international experience. I have never been in Latvia. Actually I have never been in any Baltic states such as Estonia and Lithuania. I wish you all the best. Thumbs up.

3 Likes

congratulions good luck on your job you will do well have fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good luck @Miika! I’m sure everything will be great. Tell us about the Latvian food and what they specialize in there.

2 Likes