I've lost three pounds so far

My ideal body weight is 150 pounds. I recently got up to 157 pounds. So far, through calorie counting, I’ve lost three of those pounds so, now I’m down to 154 pounds. I weigh myself in the morning with nothing but my underwear on. So far, so good!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Just make sure you don’t go overboard with the calorie counting. Once you go into anorexia territory it’s really hard to stop. I think I remember you saying you used to have bulimia, so really be careful. Good luck with the weight loss though!

1 Like

@redanne, thank you for your concern. Yes, when my nutritionist first advised me to count my calories, I resisted it based on the fact that I used to have anorexia and bulimia issues when I was younger. But, eventually I gave in when I researched weight loss on the internet and found that counting calories was indeed the way to go if a person wanted to lose weight and sustain the loss over the long term. I was bulimic over 35 years ago. I find that after that much time, I feel no urges to binge and purge today, thank goodness. And I feel no need to go below a healthy BMI of about 22.

2 Likes

I’m glad you no longer have those urges. If you feel as though you can keep your calories at a healthy amount, then I say go for it and good luck.

1 Like

I can and thank you.

2 Likes

Hooray :smile: no more anorexia or bulimia!!! Yay :blush:. I’ve been there. It’s a big victory to overcome!!!

2 Likes

Yes it is. Thankyou for your acknowledgement.

I used to mix powdered coffee creamer and water to make milk for my cereal because regular milk was "too fattening " when I was anorexic

1 Like

But is coffee creamer really less fattening than skim milk? I kind of doubt it.

Well my dad (I was a teenager) always bought only regular milk

1 Like

Powdered coffee creamer was probably more fattening than regular milk but I had it in my head for some reason that it wasn’t

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.