Schizophrenia.com

I've kept a low profile for a few days

Alien99’s house got shaken up a few days ago. Mrs alien99 went to the doctor, and a biopsy was taken. Considering the nature of the condition, cancer was a prime suspect. I got a little scared. Cancer and I go way back to the early 90s, when my mom was diagnosed with it, and it ultimately claimed her life. I lost my dad to suicide, and now my wife was in jeopardy. If I lost her, I would have lost the closest 3 people in my life, and I don’t want to even consider my future if my wife was diagnosed and fell to cancer. This evening around 5 pm, the doctor called and gave her the news that it was NOT cancer, and to take a certain medication for a short period of time. Frankly, I’m comfortable staring my own fate in the eyes. I fully expect to not make it to 70. But losing her would cap my life off at the root. I’m still almost as happy as I was a few hours ago when the call came in. You never know how long you have with someone, so always make the most of it - a lesson well learned today.

8 Likes

i’m sorry you and mrs alien99 had that scare. I know when my partner first had her cyst removed from her ovaries and they came back benign I was so happy. She wasn’t feeling well when I first saw her ( coming back from surgery and all) but I did tell her when she was awake enough to talk that her tumors were benign. we cried we were so happy.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I was more worried than my wife was. I’m generally expecting the worst, and I have an innate, deep fear of cancer. The word used in almost any sentence sends shivers down my spine. A condition to be feared and not trifled with to be sure.

1 Like

Glad the news turned out that she’s going to be OK… very scary…

I’m glad things are smoothing out

1 Like

I’m glad that things turned out well for you guys Greg.

Glad to see you back.

1 Like

Happy its not something serious. Glad you’re back.

1 Like

“We need to be quick to love people… they go away so fast…” (ks. Twardowski). I am so happy for you. I have also lost beloved ones. I had never used the word “love” before. Now I use it as often as possible. Me and my partner have a routine saying it to each other every night before we fall asleep. I want him to know in case I don’t wake up… share love… wish you and wife years of health and happiness. Take care.

1 Like