I've heard that city people are happier than country people

I don’t tend to agree. I think farmers are more secure being close to the earth.

3 Likes

I agree with you.

I’m a country gal.

I favour the country and would hate to live in a big city.

2 Likes

i heard suicide is high among farmers. dont know, personally, more to keep you entertained in the city, but more peaceful in the country.

1 Like

I think city people who enjoy cities are happier than country people who wish they were in a city. I was miserable in the country. But I think that is very individual and depends on each person and their preferences. Cities have greater access to mental health care.

5 Likes

As far as aggression goes, I think suicide is more responsible than murder. But then suicide does not consider sizz responsibility to others.

1 Like

That could be because they can’t make the payments on their loans, and their property is being foreclosed. I don’t think you can make generalizations like the one on this site. I mean, are you talking about wheat farmers? Ranchers? Raising hogs? If farmers are depressed it is probably because they can’t meet the payments on their loans.

1 Like

A hog and corn farmer I knew also worked a job in the city.

1 Like

Country boy here. In fact I think moving to a big city aged 18 contributed to the onset of my illness

1 Like

I heard the opposite lol Nature makes us more happy.

2 Likes

I’ve been city, I’ve lived on a farm, and now I’m a townie. City dwellers have struck me as the most miserable of the bunch. Farmers are generally happier than city slickers. Townies are in the sweet spot: We’ve got most of the services but without the pollution or crowding.

3 Likes

The more people that like the city. Means more country for me.
I have lived in the city, I have lived in the suburbs and I have lived in the country.
Country boy here, for evermore.

1 Like

I grew up in the country and hated it. I much prefer city life

I’ve lived in the city… and I’ve lived on a farm. I used to prefer the city but not anymore.

1 Like

I grew up on U.S. military bases all around the world as a kid.

As a teenager, I moved to a medium sized Midwestern city.

After college, I moved to a large Western city and I loved it.

Then, I moved to the country in a Western state and just hated it. I was extremely suicidal while there.

I moved back to the Western city and remained suicidal so I returned to the medium sized Midwestern city where my depression slowly improved.

So, I am definitely happier in a city.

Love living in the city!

you’re more likely to get robbed in the city. I used to work in a big city and remember the druggies trying to intimidate me into giving them money.

1 Like

Growing up I always liked and preferred cities. But I’m a town boy through and through. I’m quite fond of my town now. This wasn’t the case growing up.

I’m only 20 minutes from London via the train.

I am not happy here , I want to move out of London but even that is expensive.

1 Like

England sure is nightmare for housing costs. I feel the same about my future.

Houses in this area (North Hertfordshire) are on average 350,000. That’s not feasible on lower incomes which is what I’m destined for. :confused:

1 Like

Yeah houses in London are overpriced for what is offered. My mum and dad paid £45,000 for this home many years ago from the council and it’s now about £560,000

1 Like