Schizophrenia.com

I've got the strangest sensation going on

It’s been happening to me off and on for a while now. Every once in awhile I get this sensation of sheer pleasure come over me and I almost go weak. It’s primarily in my head but I feel it in my arms and hands too as if I wouldn’t be able to lift them. My eyes are closed and it feels sort of like being warmed in the sun on a cool day, so good, and I go weak. I think if it were to happen to me when I was standing i would go weak in the knees too. But it’s not a scary or bad feeling in any way. It’s bliss. It’s pure bliss. Like a cat laying in a chink of sun. It’s starting to get more frequent now. I wonder what it is.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s from your antidepressant?

2 Likes

I have this but mine seems like falling asleep instantly for a few seconds. I feel paralyzed for a few seconds. For some reason mine only happens when I am with visitors. Maybe I am just bored of them and my brain shuts off.

1 Like

It could be I’m on a max dose of Cymbalta

1 Like

Yes it does seem like I’m a little drowsy at that time

1 Like

Well you’re pretty lucky. You must be doing something good for your chemistry.

3 Likes

Antidepressants can make you feel high or manic.

1 Like

That is kind of how I feel when I am about to faint…likely it is not the same thing we are having

1 Like

Several years ago, before the onset of schizophrenia, I used to meditate twice a day or more using the TM (Transcendental Meditation) method. Sometimes I achieved the third state of consciousness that exists between being asleep and being awake and achieved it at a very high level. Other times not so high. When I did achieve that high level I was filled by by a feeling that felt orgasmic (just the feeling all over) at times and was in pure bliss. That is the feeling of consciousness. I think that might be what you are feeling @leaf… Pure consciousness, a state of being without sensory inputs or thoughts.

1 Like

Why question or analyze? If that happened to me I’d just say “Enjoy.”

1 Like

"It feels sort of like being warmed in the sun on a cool day, so good, and I go weak…It’s bliss. It’s pure bliss!"

(Ahem) My posts do tend to have that effect on women.

1 Like

I think it’s your antidepressant. They can do that

2 Likes

I wish I felt that way…all I am is dry and blunt

1 Like