I've got a question for you Moms

How long was it before your newborn would sleep through the night? I ask because I am discovering how very nocturnal I am. The only time I find myself sincerely and happily interested in anything is during the night time. I think it is peculiar to whites as dark skin soaks in the sunlight.

2 Likes

It varies from infant to infant. Some right away. My daughter didn’t sleep through the night for about 9 months.

1 Like

I had three, and each one was different. My oldest (19) didn’t sleep through the night until she was about three (hope that doesn’t scare you- sorry). She is now a night owl and stays up all hours. My middle child (16) started sleeping through the night as of night 2 at home, and he has always slept well even into his teens. My youngest (12) wasn’t too bad either; she started sleeping through the night at about 6-9 months. She, too, tends to stay up too late. If I don’t make her go to bed, she will just stay up all night!

1 Like

My eldest til he was almost a year had his day and night mixed up. We tried everything. He works midnight shift now.
My oldest daughter didn’t sleep through the night til she was almost 2. She would get up once a night.
My younger son slept through the night from birth.
My youngest daughter slept through the night from about 9 months.

1 Like

By three months. They always slept in their cribs and not with me. It worked for us.

1 Like

I don’t have any human children…but my puppy started to sleep thru the night at 3 months!

2 Likes

My son started sleeping through the night after about three months. He was very colicky before that, unfortunately. Poor thing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.