I've come over from psychcentral forums

What are the advantages that this forum has over the above said forum. Do you get more robust debate here , generally what kind of users does one get here. Any insights would be great. Thaks

I think this forum is much more active than the other forums I’ve checked out.

2 Likes

From what I know of psychcentral it has a stronger antipsychiatry element perhaps not surprising given the forums were set up by a psychologist.

Are you sure you wanna be here lol?

There is nothing wrong with being here.

1 Like

then what’s this other forum he’s babbling about?

cause when I hear central I get…(ansy)

http://forums.psychcentral.com/schizophrenia-psychosis/

http://forums.psychcentral.com/schizoaffective-disorder/

1 Like

I shall note these things as a comic book guy from the simpsons would…

A lot of our forum users use their Cell phone to access our forums - so our forums are much easier to use when you’re not at your computer.

I also think we have a better community of users :-).

9 Likes

Yes - people generally respond to your messages within a few minutes, at any time of the day or night. Lots of people are very active and find this site very supportive.

4 Likes

In my experience, the other forum you speak of does not offer a lot of debate, discussion, insights, etc. The replies I got were essentially, “Talk to your psychiatrist,” which doesn’t make for a thriving, supportive community. However, here in these forums on schizophrenia.com, you get support, feedback, discussion, and much more. Great people participate here; well, rather, everyone here is great!

Personally, I like it here. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i was on psychcentral…
the sz section was not existant…very few true sz
i actually found the site a bit creepy…and i am a sith.
the other sections were a bunch of people, some whinging about nothing in my opinion…
a very narcissistic environment.
the moderators let anything be posted…it was quite pathetic, and very pro medication, it felt like a permanent advertisement for big pharmas’.

i am not pushing this site, but this place has helped me heaps
take care

4 Likes

That’s great , thanks all. Yeah I found that forum eventually , to be unhelpful as I had gone down every avenue. The people were ok , but I take your point that it generally had low numbers posting. Thanks again