this was attached to the email-
Counselling and Holistic Therapy admin Role Description
Experience to date has highlighted the need for volunteer support to assist the Resource Worker with the planning and co-ordination of the counselling and Holistic Therapy services that we provide Carers with.
The Counselling service is undertaken by a Volunteer. Counselling is a type of therapy that gives people the opportunity to talk about anything in their life that is causing difficulty, distress or worry. It provides a safe and regular space to talk and explore difficulties with someone who will take any concerns seriously and not judge them.
Likewise the Holistic Therapy service is also provided by a Volunteer. Holistic therapies provide Carers the opportunity to relax and de-stress away from their Caring role. It has proven to be very beneficial for Carers to partake in this.
This role requires a volunteer to come into the office 2-3 hours per week.
• Phone carers to arrange appointments
• €Phone carers to confirm attendance of appointments
• €Process Reply Slips (as and when required)
• €Update excel Spreadsheet
• €Scan/type/save documents
• €Arrange, send out, keep track of paperwork as required
• €Follow up phone calls to carers to confirm their future appointments
• €Conduct pre/post evaluations with the individual Carers that have received the respective service.
Skills and Qualities
• €Good telephone manner/people skills
• €Attention to detail
• €Competent use of Microsoft Office
• €Be willing to learn how to use our database
• €Be methodical in your approach
• €Provide feedback to the Resource Worker
• €Ability to work as part of a team
• €Be able to use own initiative, however be willing to ask for help when unsure
Benefits to volunteers- Volunteers can learn new skills or keep existing skills updated, be part of a lively team, have fun whilst helping staff. Out of pocket travel and meal expenses will be reimbursed. Individual volunteer support will be provided on an on-going basis, there are also opportunities for Volunteers to attend social events and support meetings to meet other volunteers.