I've been offered an admin position

this was attached to the email-

Counselling and Holistic Therapy admin Role Description
Background-
Experience to date has highlighted the need for volunteer support to assist the Resource Worker with the planning and co-ordination of the counselling and Holistic Therapy services that we provide Carers with.

The Counselling service is undertaken by a Volunteer. Counselling is a type of therapy that gives people the opportunity to talk about anything in their life that is causing difficulty, distress or worry. It provides a safe and regular space to talk and explore difficulties with someone who will take any concerns seriously and not judge them.
Likewise the Holistic Therapy service is also provided by a Volunteer. Holistic therapies provide Carers the opportunity to relax and de-stress away from their Caring role. It has proven to be very beneficial for Carers to partake in this.

This role requires a volunteer to come into the office 2-3 hours per week.

Tasks involved-
• Phone carers to arrange appointments
• €Phone carers to confirm attendance of appointments
• €Process Reply Slips (as and when required)
• €Update excel Spreadsheet
• €Scan/type/save documents
• €Arrange, send out, keep track of paperwork as required
• €Follow up phone calls to carers to confirm their future appointments
• €Conduct pre/post evaluations with the individual Carers that have received the respective service.

Skills and Qualities
• €Reliable
• €Good telephone manner/people skills
• €Attention to detail
• €Competent use of Microsoft Office
• €Be willing to learn how to use our database
• €Be methodical in your approach
• €Provide feedback to the Resource Worker
• €Ability to work as part of a team
• €Be able to use own initiative, however be willing to ask for help when unsure

Benefits to volunteers- Volunteers can learn new skills or keep existing skills updated, be part of a lively team, have fun whilst helping staff. Out of pocket travel and meal expenses will be reimbursed. Individual volunteer support will be provided on an on-going basis, there are also opportunities for Volunteers to attend social events and support meetings to meet other volunteers.

10 Likes

Well done daydreamer! :sunny:

1 Like

i noticed it today but i was just so excited by the holiday lol

1 Like

Yeah, a pretty good day overall. Great to hear good news!

1 Like

The day is going well for you daydreamer :smile: Glad to hear that, good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @asgoodasitgets are you going to accept it?

1 Like

thanks everyone, yes i am going to accept it and hopefully i will be able to take that on as well as college,

i have an interview tomorrow for college but i think i will be able to do that as well, my volunteer co-ordinator said she would help me no matter what i do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news @asgoodasitgets way to go!

1 Like

well today i was accepted for the Counselling and Holistic Therapy Admin Role starting at the end of August where i will receive on the job training 2-3hrs on a Wednesday or Thursday and i am so excited and really hope that it works out.

2 Likes

Good job, @asgoodasitgets!..

You can do this! Tell them you’ve also done Dolphin Therapy! :wink:

1 Like

Oh thats wonderful! Goodluck :slight_smile:

1 Like