Schizophrenia.com

I've been isolating a lot

Don’t know whats up, but the last time I saw my friends was weeks ago.

I don’t feel like going outside of the house, been trying to leave the house at least once a day to enjoy the sun but it’s only for half an hour tops.

I don’t feel like hanging out with my friends to be honest, everyone’s got issues and I’m a little tired of being there for everyone. I don’t talk about my issues so they don’t really know what I go through.

I should go meet with the friends I made from the TCM school but they start with that talk about me going to acupuncture sessions and I’m not in the mood for that either.

I’m just focusing on studying for my theoretical exam for my drivers license on the 31st of this month, and that has been my excuse also for not meeting anyone.

Just venting, don’t know what’s up with me. I’m a bit anti social.

2 Likes

I’ve been isolating most of my life. It’s what I have gotten used to. I wouldn’t worry too much about your isolating, unless it gets too pervasive in your life. It can become a habit.

3 Likes

I isolate a lot myself. For me it feels protective. But overall it is a false economy which doesn’t help in the long run.

I have come to the conclusion that my brain is not to be trusted - I should do the opposite of whatever it says. So when it says: shut the curtains and stay in bed all day (which is basically I did for the whole winter) I should in fact try to get out of the house.

This sounds far easier than it actually is though. Sorry your not feeling well @Minnii

2 Likes

I do not know if Lisbon is a city for bicycle riding. I am sure there is a lot to see. I was there in March 1998 and I mostly drove around. Got a parking ticket and had to pay it at the local police station. Maybe you should start riding a bicycle around the city. I know that many large cities in Europe are favorable for bicycling, Copenhagen, Paris and so on. My little town has only so many things to see, but in summers it is nice to ride bicycle, maybe to see people I have known in the past.

Thank you for your replies @crimby and @Jimbob.
I was always sort of a loner, but I keep chatting to my friends on the phone it’s not like I completely disconnected

1 Like

A lot of people ride bicycles here, but it’s full of hills and I don’t like it much. Thanks for the suggestion though :slight_smile:

Do you have some local association for mentally ill and a place where people meet? We have here one location and I visit that place more in the summer when I can ride my bicycle there.

No, not really. The one that exists doesn’t have people with sz but more severe cases of autism and such, not really good for socializing.

I think that bicycling is great. During the winter I have gained few kilos and I am hoping to lose some weight now when I ride my bicycle. I also joined a new exercise club and this may also help me losing some weight. In this new club I also see new people.

2 Likes

It is good that you get your driver’s license, maybe you can drive to south. I visited Sagres and elsewhere when I was there.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m planing that :slight_smile: South and North too.

Is it connected to the fact you’re coming off benzos maybe?

It’s prior to that. I think it might have to do with the things that were happening with my friends a few weeks ago, a friend of a friend is bipolar and was having a crisis and she reacted really poorly to it, leaving me a bit disappointed and then I withdraw.

Back in March 1998 I had an interesting trip to Portugal and Spain, I flew from Atlanta through London to Lisbon where I rented an auto and spent few days in Lisbon only to drive to South where I visited places in Algarve and continued to Spain, first to Tarifa in Spain and then to Gibraltar and then visited cities such as Sevilla and continued through Costa del Sol to Malaga and after this I drove back to Lisbon on a different road. It was a nice trip, I was 30 years old then.

1 Like

Yes, you’ve told me this :smile: That’s a nice trip to make

I’m hoping once you get your license you will feel like getting out.

1 Like

Yes, I think so too. :slight_smile: