I've become content with doing nothing (today anyway)

I’m not unhappy about “doing nothing” today. In fact I’m content. Normally I beat myself up for doing nothing. The result is the same anyway. Nothing gets done. Lol.

I wonder if this is going to be permanent. Am I settling into a life of lazy contentment.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m really afraid of that. I don’t want to be looked at like a failure, yet I’ve spent a lot of time doing nothing and am probably going to spend a lot more time in the future doing nothing. I’ll just hope that they come up with some drug that takes away all laziness and avolition.

1 Like

I’m also afraid of having a good quality of life.

Have you heard of min-101. It’s supposed to do all that. I hope it makes it to market. It’s currently going into phase 3 trials.

1 Like

My age is what is taking the blame for my being tired all the time. I just can’t seem to get enough sleep. I’m not particularly depressed about it. Call it “enjoying retirement”.

2 Likes

I’ve become an expert procrastinator, honed my skills with the fine art of seeming busy, but getting absolutely not one thing done.
Kinda grows on ya’.

2 Likes

some days it feels good to do nothing… I like it.
some days I can not do much… so I decide to just relax, browse Pinterest for hours and chat on this forum.

1 Like

I remember when i was doing too much it felt like walking around with a knife in my back. I would HATE waking up in the morning, full of dread for the ensuing day. But here i am again trying to do more, if i get that dreadful feeling again i know i have pushed too far.

But maybe i’ve changed, dont think this life will ever be worth living but i want to go a lil crazier by being more active. which is in-itself the paradox of finding pleasure in things u dont enjoy doing.

2 Likes