It's not just to be fed meds

You really need conversation and analysis.
It must be a combo, of analysis and antipsychotics.

I feel so glad I found this psychoanalyst

Meds is not all,I really agree.You need something positive and productive to worked on.My dad is a businessman and at 59,he’s still working full time.

My mum got a friend,male,retired at 63.When you stop working or contributing to the society,that’s when things go downhill…now while on quarentine and I didn’t have to worked,I felt that my life is going downhill.I could have go out with my wife and talked to people,but I am so anxious that I rather stayed at the room which is even worse for my condition.I need to get out

1 Like

Yes, that’s what my folks say. I need to go out more, do activities etc. I’m trying. Slowly.

1 Like

Yes,it’s not only about working.You could be volunteering for no monetary purposes and still doing well in life.

I worked,when I didn’t I don’t find reason to go out and I start to worry and think a lot

1 Like

For now I am glad I can cut my nails or wear clean clothes or have a shower. (I am still a bit lazy about shower, but it’s not impossible for me now).
I enjoy music again, walking, playing with the dog etc. Things that were meaningless to me some months ago. I am slowly improving.
I can’t hold a job though. I need something simple, with no much responsibility, just as my 2nd psychiatrist used to say

2 Likes

Improving that’s the keyword.You could be a billionaire but lost all love and money,that’s rotting I guess

1 Like

How are your negatives?

1 Like

many people look for something like that…or they dont look at all like people who care for positive thinking…using a computer isnt only nerdy…thats where people can share interests…

1 Like

I always had social anxiety…

1 Like

Me too. Some years ago I couldn’t get out of the house, i was feeling dizzy, I had severe agoraphobia.

1 Like

I got a online friend who is Philippino American,after many years she left the old forum I still got her Facebook and see her profile from time to time.Her life is full,I mean she is doing variety of things like going to pub,joining events…I thought she had got off meds after so many year and I texted her,she told me she’s still on antipsychotic

1 Like

So, agoraphobia, social anxiety, eccentric clothing etc made my father believe that I was needing psychiatrist long before I first saw one.
I don’t believe it. Also, my solipsism makes my current psychiatrist believe that I should have seen a psychiatrist when I was a kid

1 Like

I didn’t believe I was ill because I could still somewhat function.I am on meds now,my reason is because of my wife.If I am on my own,I probably would quit them again

1 Like

If I had not my parents, I would have quit them.
I’m doing it for them.

1 Like

At least we had our reason.
What benefit do you find being on meds?

1 Like

Well, now I have fewer days that are pure hell.
Without meds, i can’t even imagine how I would be. What do you think?

Hmm,that probably shows even if your parent didn’t guide you,you would still take them…

My case is different,I felt I can still function and not in hell without meds.I stopped them for a year and half.I took them back because my wife threatened to leave me.My reason for being back on them is not really logical.I sleep better on meds.

How did you survive without meds?
You had no symptoms at all?
Maybe you’re recovered?

1 Like

No.I am still on them.
I don’t know,I meant my psychiatrist never approve me of stopping meds,which means I am not recovered.Tbh,my issue is sleep.Even now on 5mg Olazanpine which is what the doctor prescribed,my sleep is still not perfect…this shows medicine doesn’t fix all.

I didn’t listen to my parent or the doctor totally,I am still vaping which they probably disapprove.I was on meds for the previous 7-8 years and not vaping,and on meds but my sleep is similarly bad

1 Like