It's not God, It's the people who think they're God

I’m told babies think the whole universe is themselves and if you never outgrow that idea, chances are you think you’re God. ok. so difficult people exist. I think I’ve known one.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t even know where this poem came from. It was written in the night while I was sleeping. I do believe he is my alter ego. His poetry is god like.

When the wind rushes by
Know I am there
When the thunder rolls
Hear my voice
When the trees bow down
They see me
The gods of the heavens
Create nature above and below
But I have control
I guide the winds
With one small breath
A turn of my hands
And the clouds rumble
The trees quiver
As I walk by
Nothing the gods in heaven
Create
Cannot be overtaken
By my power
My mystery
My glory
I am the master
The gods fear my name
Earth god
Has begun his reign

2 Likes

Gad, that 's some delusional, isn’t it.

1 Like

Yep. Spooked me out the first time

Well, I’m not against a man feeling a bit macho, but that’s ridiculous.

1 Like

This was probably the most mellow of the crazy night time poetry

Gosh, how did you deal with it?

1 Like

I think it’s beautiful! And when I walk in nature among the trees, I feel just a sense of what you wrote there, or wish for it… lovely poem, @FatMama.

2 Likes

My gosh, I never took it seriously. Are you alone when you feel this way?@Hedgehog?

1 Like

I’m always alone, @chordy, even if someone walks with me. I’m always in my head…
I feel connected to nature and I feel my place in the hierarchy of creation when I’m in the presence of natural forces. We’re not separate, in my thinking.
Anyway, that poem was touching to me and not at all outlandish.

1 Like

It just goes to show you what a risk people take when they discuss feelings.

1 Like

This isn’t really how I feel and really don’t know why this happens at night. I definitely don’t want to cause any strife.

I was just saying that I think it’s a beautiful poem. I don’t feel any strife. We don’t all think the same way… if I wasn’t used to that by now, well… :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :revolving_hearts:
Some day I’ll share the other ones

1 Like

I like it too. It has powerful imagery. I think I would like it when you share more. Poetry is intriguing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.