It's Martin Luther King Day today

Integration (our home is integrated) can still feel different to me even though it’s been years and years. We are slow to learn and even slower to apply what we’ve learned.

3 Likes
7 Likes

An excerpt from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s last speech, April 3, 1968.

7 Likes

I always wonder if the rest of us will reach the mountaintop with him. He was exhausted spiritually but he kept on marching

1 Like

"In a real sense all life is inter-related. All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be, and you can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be…

This is the inter-related structure of reality." --Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Letter from Birmingham Jail (1963)

5 Likes

Friendly reminder that his family took the US government to court for assassinating MLK and they won…

I didn’t hear that. Was there pressure from the govt to shut MLK up? I don’t think it came from Johnson.

It’s no secret the government didn’t approve of MLK at the time. However I doubt the president had anything to do with it.

Keep in mind the president is like the face of the government, but even he is at a need to know basis. I’m sure there’s lots of stuff that goes on that the presidents weren’t aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.