It's kinda insulting

on my medicaid review they had described my monthly income as “unearned income” well i did work for 13 years, even did 60 hours a week one year, supplying grocery stores. it’s a bit insulting, and what really irks me is i basically make about the same as someone who never worked a day in their life.

9 Likes

It’s a little tough to take it times. I worked my ass off since I was thirteen, and now I’m on disability. I know what you mean

1 Like

Yes I worked as well and in my credit rating to get a loan stands I worked only 2 weeks instead of 10 years. I can’t be bothered to do anything about it. Well, it’s in the past. No tears over spilled milk.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s just not worth it. In my accident report, my insurance company tried to claim an accident was my fault. Clearly it wasn’t, even the police report named another person. But, what do you do. They are out of my life now

3 Likes

Yes, stuff like this happens all the time. It takes self-esteem, self worth and resilience to fight these injustices. Let alone the education you need to have to be verbally assertive without being violent, aggressive or abusive. It’s just not right. I rather obey my community order and take my meds for the sake of peace. My head is just to much of a mud cake. The good old days in the factory doing my job and chill in front of the TV after the shift.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. I wound up a computer programmer, but I started out as a welder until I fried my back. Welding was my favourite job, and I felt like I had really earned my wages at the end of the day

2 Likes

Yes I got myself an apprenticeship as a plumber, it was my effort to get this job, but it wasn’t good enough for my parents and I wasn’t 18 years of age. My mother organised for me an apprenticeship as a salesperson. And you guessed it I got mad ( sz) with 19 years of age. Of course they meant it good. Psychiatrist controlled my life to the extend buying a snickerbar.

1 Like

That’s too bad man. I had the freedom to choose, I think my Mom was just happy to have me out of the house! LOL

1 Like

Yes, my sz is definitely not genetic. It’s environmental.

1 Like

Mine is probably a combination of head injury and environment. Sorry to hear that

1 Like

I worked for a total of 3 years or so. My brother hates the fact that I get disability but people like that don’t understand

2 Likes

Dude I used to weld… that’s when I started to get psychosis cause I didn’t wear a mask… I’m sure it’s genetics but I think that job added to it cause another guy there got sz

2 Likes

That’s strange, I’ve never heard of that. I used to weld without a mask as well, there was no such thing as safety measures then. I know it has left me with lead and aluminum traces in my brain, I’ve been tested for that

@ThePoet

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.