It's hard to believe I was being broadcasted over tv

Have you ever been on an airplane? One of the things that strikes me when I take off from an airport is just the staggering amount of people there are below us as we reach higher altitudes. There are 300 million people in the United States. There’s absolutely no way you are important enough to celebrities and/or news stations to constantly monitor. It’s statistically impossible.

And what about the other thousands of people who also have schizophrenia and feel they are being watched or broadcasted to? Does knowledge of those help you feel like it’s a delusion instead of reality? It definitely helped me, coming here and knowing that others had the same beliefs. It helped me reach the belief that it’s an illness playing tricks on my mind.

I hope you feel better soon. It can be a rough few years after the illness starts, but the only way past it is through it. Things generally get better over time with this illness, as long as you’re getting treatment.

5 Likes

I hate airplanes
Lol
In all seriousness, I think intellectualizing your thoughts may help you.

2 Likes

Just remember that there just delusions and your brain messing with you

1 Like

I agree with Patrick, I take an Abilify injection once every four weeks and it took all my delusions away and I think it will do the same for you. I used to think the tv was giving me messages from God but not any more.

2 Likes

I’ve been on medication for going on 3 years.

It does help to know there are people who are going through the same thing as me, but I really believe I’m being watched and broadcasted and I the only one left in the dark.

1 Like

Ok can you explain what you mean?

Ok I’ll talk to my pdoc about it.

Like asking yourself questions that might disprove your delusions, like “has there ever been one person that the entire world has been watching/listening to?”
Like trying to disprove your delusions based off of things you already know.

3 Likes

If you have a phone, use some recording app to record the tv to disprove that your not being broadcasted.

1 Like

That’s a good idea thanks

1 Like

When I came out of my delusional episodes, I was often embarrassed. I’m sorry you’ve been going through this. I don’t have them as much anymore. I credit it to being in constant treatment and in contact with professionals. It’s hard for me, but i Have to take a step outside myself and let the professionals do their job. Like, I don’t want to take injections. I’m on the highest dose of a two-month injection. But it’s also doing wonders for my stability! I’m not unhappy or depressed, I’m in a better relationship with my mom who also has schizophrenia. It’s helpful to get a first person perspective, when you’re supporting a loved one who also has schizophrenia.

It must be genetic. My mom said she wasted years before her schizophrenia got worse/and she lost insight and had to be hospitalized. She said she lost years railing against the system, being anti-establishment and anti-psychiatry. I had to learn the hard way that forced hospitalization as a last resort can also be a life-saver and it got my mom stable. It took a year and a half, months inpatient in a psyche ward and then a step down unit for her to return to being able to be her normal self again.

I would not try to prove or disprove your experiences. Just acknowledge what you’re going through, don’t be afraid to tell your psychiatrist your symptoms. Some of us do not get as much help if we ignore our symptoms.

3 Likes

I experience this aswell! All of what you are saying sounds like I could of wrote it. Love the replies as I’m not in that’s state of mind at the moment and are eventually starting meds very soon. The voices are crazy but so am I

The people who do this to me are not nice, they know I can’t stand them putting images in my mind but they do it anyways
I don’t want to make myself an embarrassment. Sometimes I want to run away to my parents but at the Sprouts the nearby market they are really mean and call me names and wonder what I am doing alive. I don’t know if these people are local or not.

How are you doing @anon55704218? You are still here I hope🙂. I am glad we are both here today. Pray for a good night tonight.

Wow — I got arrested by the swat team and I was on the news - they called me a stupid carimanal - I went to jail for ■■■■ I never did at all

Oh, the rush I get from the caffeine is cray cray.

That’s terrible @Cloudd3ad! Also it must have been frightening. How are you doing right now?

Well the awkward details in my case separated me from making a good case (no alibi people were pissed at me) I had to take a plea deal for probation - I did 4.5 years probation over something I never done

1 Like

That’s too bad. I am sorry you went through that. I have this voice telling me that he is going to torture me and he put me through so much and did not care how they treated me and flashing pictures of people and celebrities I did not know why. I don’t know why this cartoon character did this I wish he would stop.
The girl who does this to me for a day was nice and civil to me then got upset at me again. I want these people to leave me alone. What they are doing is not right. How can I get them arrested? Even though I don’t want anything to do with them.