It's good to eat more in this cold weather

They told us in the army that it is a good idea to eat half again as much food as usual if you’re having to go out in the weather because your body has to work so hard to keep you warm.

2 Likes

Interesting. Does eating a lot of cookies count? Ive been indulging.

2 Likes

If I spent a lot of the day out in the cold, maybe. I don’t think half an hour of walking counts.

1 Like

well does eating more keep you warm? or eating less? it’s not clear.

1 Like

I’m not sure how it works, but at a platoon confidence course run by the special forces in Bad Tolz, Germany this E7 Sergeant said that in very cold weather it is a good idea to eat half again as much food as you usually do. Of course, if you have heart trouble you shouldn’t eat a lot of sausage, but if you’re having to function out in the cold you should add more calories to your daily diet.

1 Like

Eating more keeps you warm. Really only applies if you’re spending a lot of time outside I think

1 Like

You’re right. I should have qualified that statement. “If you’re going to be outside a lot” you should eat more food.

1 Like

Their belief was that eating more keeps you warm because your body is working so hard to protect all your systems and organs, and that requires more energy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.