It's difficult to say your own father was a jerk

So I am a dreamer rather than a realist.

Nah, my dad was definitely a jerk. With major anger issues.

2 Likes

Mine too. 151515

2 Likes

My dad had a bad temper and could get sarcastic but I would never call him a jerk. He had his faults but he was always by me through my worst times and he was an honestly nice, tough, caring man who I would never badmouth now that he’s dead.

1 Like

I love my dad very much, but he can say very hurtful things to my sister. It makes me really sad.

My father is kind of jerk, he isn’t a caring person and had a bad temper towards his children all the time. In fact I hated him.

1 Like

My father had mental illness and alcoholism. He was bad to me many times. I was relieved when he died.

1 Like

I find it easy to say who my father was - sadistic and cruel. On the plus side, he loved good food so he taught me to cook & I’m a good cook now in my middle age.

1 Like

My dad didn’t really take an interest in me until I got in contact at 18 and said I was pregnant and getting married. He actually showed up to the courthouse with my 4 year old brother, I was shocked. We have no photos from it, but he made an effort until I was about to pop, then disappeared. Ran into him at Walmart with Kalick at 9 months old, I was pregnant with Kiefer. I gave him the address of the house we were moving to in Milwaukee. Fast forward to Sept 2005, he calls at 8pm one night wanting to see the kids. Told him they were sleeping, but he was welcome to see them sleep. He took a peek, disappeared again until 2009 when Raina was 3. He facebookers me and wanted a relationship at my 11 year old brother’s request. He’s popping in every few months to check on us via facebook. He lives in Beloit, my hometown 30 mins south. He has helped us out a few times, my van needed 5k worth of work, he paid for it as a sorry I ■■■■■■ up and wasn’t in your life. Then when I posted that something came up that we couldn’t take the kids to the bat event, he came over with 300 cash and told us to have fun.

He’s having a lot of health problems, he has a quarter of a heart that works, a colostomy bag, etc. But for 55, he still runs around pretty good. I should message him and see how he’s doing, last time we talked was June and my brother was 21 and decided that partying was a great idea. But from what I can tell he’s better as the girl he’s with was teaching him to deer hunt, no kill this year. But it was his first hunt and she made him be sober for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.