It's been ages since I took a book out from the library

The reason?Those self service machines .

1 Like

Our library got these. I was hesitant at first, but now I’m alright with it.

What part of the process of hardest for you?

The whole thing. I get very anxious about doing it wrong ,and holding people up. Ditto for supermarket self service.

1 Like

Our library in town has a senior lady who volunteers at the front desk a lot. She’s going deaf and doesn’t have a hearing aid. There’s a lot of shouting in the library on the days when she’s there.

2 Likes

I like the library’s self service machines, I do not borrow books though, I borrow DVDs, movies. Very rarely I speak with the library people.

1 Like

The librarians would be happy to help you do it if you ask them.

2 Likes

At first I was hesitant to use these self service machines, but now I prefer using self service machines. It is so easy without any human contact. In our library system we can also borrow two movies a month on the Internet. It is nice to watch movies in this way.

1 Like

When I was new to them if went to the front desk and asked if they would check out my books for me. Instead, they took me to the self checkout and walked me through it step by step. Even helped me create a new password because I forgot mine. I chose the last 4 of my phone number because that’s what the librarians suggest to everyone so they can help if you forget. Lol

I had to ask for their help again last week because I was just feeling scared because the library was busy.

Just remember the librarians she always happy to help. Just ask!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.