Itch to be a lawyer

I have this insatiable itch to go to law school. It’s something I’ve been saying for the last five years. I just have to finish one class to be done with graduate school. Then I can take the LSAT and apply to schools. I should be able to get a scholarship so debt isn’t an issue.

I’m just worried they’re going to deny me when it comes to becoming a lawyer. I think they ask about mental illness. I’ll probably still go regardless to say I graduated from law school. Then fight like hell to be admitted as a lawyer. Any means necessary!

1 Like

It varies by state, I think, but Elyn Saks was able to become a lawyer. She said in her book that there was a question on the bar that asked if you’ve ever lost a court case declaring your mental competency. She was able to say no, because she didn’t contest her involuntary commitment.

3 Likes

I could never be a lawyer but i would like too. I had no confidence when i was young, but now i am learning to stand up for myself.
I totally got screwed over by the medical community when i first got diagnosed. Well needless to say, i do have a very strong desire to work in an office that does disability right or ssi/ssd.

2 Likes

Go for it! Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

If I could go back and do it all again I would have went to law school, I worked for the courts on a term position years ago it was interesting

Hope you go for it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.