It was just how the cards fell for me

that I would not have a family. I was no good with children and felt no incentive to challenge this weakness. I’m aware enough, now, to regret it. But I also so know there was another purpose for me. I’m still discovering what that is.

5 Likes

I don’t regret not having children. In fact it’s the best decision I ever made. It would have been a disaster.

2 Likes

It can be fulfilling. What makes me regret it is that, over the years, I’ve learned a lot about children, who they are and what their needs are, so I know what it’s like to want children long after I can have them.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @PinCushion . My daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me so I get where you’re coming from. I really wish I had given her a sibling but my former husband was awful so I didn’t

3 Likes

That’s me? I asked myself when I saw myself one day. I was ready to see it. I would have been a better guy if I was an honest guy. But that’s a bit off topic.

Kids are expensive.

I’d be on a beach in Spain with my wife if we didn’t have kids. lol! But the rewards outweigh the blood, sweat and tears it takes to raise children.

We always wanted two…then…Bam!..twins. They’ll be 18 years old next week. It’s been the ride of my life for sure!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.