It’s kinda cool to be skitzo

Yeah I had those feelings too. Like I was the chosen one uncovering secrets and special knowledge. If was exciting

i still dont understand what so cool be schizo, i never wanted this mental illness, i dont want to taking medication rest of my life. Nothing is really cool about it man. Please tell why is it cool to be schizo.

Schizophrenia encompasses dissociation. I was only making a point that being “crazy”, whatever the diagnosis be, people think its cool and edgy. oh and it’s called DID not MPD. jeez man.

Semantics! DID used to be called MPD and there is no difference between them. I suffer from structured dissociation with bouts of memory loss from dissociation. Not just feeling my surroundings as surreal, so I have a proper insight.

I note your point about being ‘crazy’, but it wasn’t clear from your post that there is a massive difference between the two. :slight_smile:

its not cool, it took away so many years from me and so many opportunities. anyone who wants to have it is clueless.

2 Likes

You probably live in a cool city. They don’t like it to be cool here.

People don’t understand the struggles they’re some of the hardest things to convey clearly to people. They understand seeing things that aren’t there they understand drug trips like psychotic breaks. They don’t understand the reality of needing to take a drug to stay sane they don’t understand that the drugs have huge side effects that feel just as awful as some of the bad parts of schizophrenia.

You must accept that in others ignorance of what we experience must be a given. Otherwise we wouldn’t have to deal with stigmas.

People broken and off medication babbling to themselves and homeless are scary when you don’t understand that they can be helped to some extent by medication and civil services.

When you are lucky that your country you live in doesn’t allow any guns. You do indeed find it cool that you didn’t took your own life in a epitome of overwhelming intrusive thoughts and psychosis. I could have been a dedicated army general if not for my illness completely taking over me.

I honestly believe that you have a very different perspective to what really Schizophrenia actually is. Maybe we can change it.

I do kind of feel attached to some of my psychotic experiences

but that might be because that was the last time that I was non medicated and because I was younger and more lively. so like looking through rose tinted spectacles,

2 Likes

i agree with you

I’m attached to my manic experiences.

2 Likes

My mommy was schizo. Made me feel like I don’t like watching T.V.
I’m suscpicious of the narrative about Christianity, and other religions. Mommy hates it so much she just hates god.

the weird thing is, that I am even attached to some …some…of the bad psychosis experiences…not just the ‘good’ ones…idk why :sleepy:

i mean i dont want it to happen again but still attached to the memories

1 Like

You only say that because in all likelihood you’re probably not sz/sza. I’d listen to your current pdoc.

Yeah, maybe in some weird, psychotic, schizophrenic way, I guess it is pretty cool.

2 Likes

I had one episode so far and my biggest dream is that I don’t get it again. There is nothing fun about losing your mind I remember one night in the middle of psychosis I would point my finger to my head and wish I had a gun to shoot myself and end the feelings of fear and terror. People who think its cool probably think schizophrenia is kind of like being high on a drug for a few hours.

They are not certain on my diagnosis.
My last psychiatrist and therapist diagnosed me with schizoaffective, and at my last psych hospital 4 years ago they diagnosed me with schizoaffective.

My current psychiatrist is not sure as to my diagnosis.

You know how this works @SkinnyMe.

Psychiatry is far from being an accurate “science”

There is no shame involved therefore it’s “cool”

I don’t think you are being fair here @SkinnyMe
This is uncalled for.

1 Like

My psychotic mind trips were so fantastical, I’m seriously considering writing a book about it some day.

Nobody would believe half of it, I’m sure.

But Sz and all…I’ve never wanted to be anybody else but me. I’m skitzo and cool with it.

4 Likes

i hate that I have this illness and I would rather die.