It’s been 2 weeks since my husband fell ill

And he’s still sick :frowning: if it’s not covid, I can’t imagine what it is. Anybody know of viruses that completely take the life out of you? I know mono does that, but he already had mono a long time ago

1 Like

You really need to talk to him and convince him to go to the doctor.

3 Likes

It could be the flu.

2 Likes

Almost any infection can do it. The problem is when something causes pneumonia. I have had walking pneumonia and felt like that. He needs a doctor.

2 Likes

Please convince him to go see a doctor.

3 Likes

When I had the flu a few years ago, it took me nearly a month to recover. It really knocked me out.

I hope your husband feels better soon.

2 Likes

@ZmaGal Can he be tested again for covid? If he tested negative before, it could have been a false negative test result which is not uncommon.

2 Likes

He could be but he’s refusing. He’s a very stubborn man.

2 Likes

He didn’t have respiratory symptoms. He had fever for a week and upset stomach. Now he’s just completely wiped out

2 Likes

Something as simple as vitamin C supplement could help the immune system. They used it in large doses in China on those who got infected with covid and rumors are it helped many.

2 Likes

We’re both taking 1000 mg of vitamin C a day

2 Likes

could try upping it to 1000mg 2 to 4 times a day. Worst case scenario one gets diareah if too much is taken, and then you just go back to the original dose, or work out your threshhold, but other than that there are no side-effects to talk about to my knowledge.

1 Like

I guess if it gets worse and he can’t get out of bed you can force him with an ambulance.

Sorry he’s so stubborn. I deal with a stubborn man, too, but if I make enough fuss and say that he’s going to listen to me, he does.

2 Likes

Yeah. If he has trouble breathing or anything like that I’ll call an ambulance

1 Like

He’s in bad shape.

If it were my husband refusing care,

I would call an ambulance and just fight about it later.

2 Likes

My husband would fight the paramedics and give them a hard time. But if he gets worse I’ll call them anyway

1 Like

I still would go ahead and call an ambulance.

He could have a burst appendix or some other kind of infection.

It could just be the flu,

Regardless, you don’t want to wait for him to get worse.

It’s already bad.

2 Likes

He has no abdominal pain and hasn’t had any. He has no respiratory symptoms so it’s not the flu or a burst appendix. I’m watching him closely. Like I said if he gets any worse I’ll call

My sister had appendicitis and had no abdominal pain.

Just very upset stomach and fever.

When she finally went to the hospital her doctor told her she wouldn’t have survived another two days in her condition.

1 Like

I just talked to my husband. He says he’ll refuse care which he’s allowed to do